New 'Snarky' Galaxy S III Ad from Samsung Takes Direct Aim at the iPhone 5

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
The adapter raises the height of the phone so far out of the bases of most of those docks that the phone itself will be totally supported by only the thin portion of the adapter that is inserted into the phone base. I can see it now, a slightly misdirected hand reaching for the phone...snap!~ No more connector, and the portion that broke off is stuck inside the phone! Try to charge that bad boy now! :blink:

or if they can manage to use the adapter.... then its 30 per item which is insane

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Exactly. Apple does not make good business decisions anymore.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I wonder if Bill Gates' coffin had a 30 pin dock!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

mgrande

Reaction score
This here goes to show you how clueless the iPhone sheep are. :blink: [video=youtube;rdIWKytq_q4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4&feature=plcp[/video]

Classic

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

skennelly

Reaction score
IMO, having to buy new car docks, adapters, ihomes, etc is not a big deal. It is no different thaandroid user upgrading their phone. How many bionic car docks work for the s3? The point is, the only thing most android users haven't had to upgrade with a new phone is the wall and car charger. It's a moot point.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
IMO, having to buy new car docks, adapters, ihomes, etc is not a big deal. It is no different thaandroid user upgrading their phone. How many bionic car docks work for the s3? The point is, the only thing most android users haven't had to upgrade with a new phone is the wall and car charger. It's a moot point.

yea I'm sure ud say that if u just bought a $500+ Bose dock off apples site that all of a sudden won't connect to a new iPhone or ipod... just moot it is lol

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
that video was awesome... jimmy kimmel was genius with that one... how do ppl hold two iphone4s and not realize its the same exact phone lol mind blowing

geoff5093

Reaction score
In a sense you're right, car docks and home docks don't work with different phones, but then again if a dock was designed for the iPhone 4S, it won't work with the iPhone 5 as it has different dimensions. Now they do make universal car docks for both iPhone and Android devices.

The real issue are all the home and car audio products that people spend hundreds of dollars on that are specifically designed for the 30-pin connector.

Tillmorn

Reaction score
I may have stirred up the Apple fans in the comment section over on The Verge when they covered this ad. Granted, I am realizing more often than not that neither side of the fence can be excused anymore. There are rabid fanboys/girls in both corners, and it gets downright ugly on sites like The Verge and CNET. I miss healthy debate. This whole mentality of "Apple (or Android depending on the person) suxxorz hardcore!!!" without any legitimate information is getting old. Quick like. Or maybe I'm just getting older...

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
A car dock is one thing, but most iPhone users seem to go very heavy on the accessories so it's actually a pretty high cost to replace everything. Might be the only way to go though because those adapters are massive. What sucks the most is that you have to buy an adapter regardless if you want to stream directly from the iPhone 4s+ to HDMI for flat panels and such.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I may have stirred up the Apple fans in the comment section over on The Verge when they covered this ad. Granted, I am realizing more often than not that neither side of the fence can be excused anymore. There are rabid fanboys/girls in both corners, and it gets downright ugly on sites like The Verge and CNET. I miss healthy debate. This whole mentality of "Apple (or Android depending on the person) suxxorz hardcore!!!" without any legitimate information is getting old. Quick like. Or maybe I'm just getting older...

I still have a 3rd gen iPod touch, but I hardly use it. The more I read about Apple the less I like them. My "How Much I like Apple" meter is in the negatives now. I feel like I have a reason to be pro-Android/an Android fanboy. I will never buy an iDevice again.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2