New 'Snarky' Galaxy S III Ad from Samsung Takes Direct Aim at the iPhone 5

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-iphone-5-ad.jpeg

Well that didn't take long! Samsung's marketing department has already gone into over-drive to attack the "superiority" of the iPhone 5. They came up with a pretty "snarky" new ad comparing the new iPhone 5 to the already released Galaxy S III. The ad basically just points out the laundry list of differences in which the three month old SGS3 either equals or exceeds the "brand new" iPhone 5. They cleverly poke fun at Apple's own "Genius-Bar" advertising by simply stating, "It doesn't take a genius." The implication is that it becomes obvious which product is better if you simply compare the two side-by-side.

Source: S3Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Flame war between Apple and Samsung..

If the courts are too blind to make a decent ruling... then let's resort to teenage tactics... after all, that's part of our target demographic..

But apple will sue of this too.

Its the equivalent of saying, mom!!!!! He's touching me!!!! :icon_censored:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
damn I'm not a mac genius

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

welsalex

Reaction score
I love it! This allows people who are clueless about tech, but capable of comparing higher numbers, to see why the new iphone isn't the best.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
You just know the Apple fanboys are gonna jump in there and state that "4.7 oz is ridiculously heavy for a phone" *LOL*

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Lol at "A totally different plug." That's just awesome.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol at "A totally different plug." That's just awesome.

yea really messed up that they did that but that's how apple is... made for the clueless rich that just have too much money to spend lol... now $30 per adapter is great profit lol

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
+all the in home stuff that won't fit an adapter like ihome docked clocks and stereos lol

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
This here goes to show you how clueless the iPhone sheep are. :blink: [video=youtube;rdIWKytq_q4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4&feature=plcp[/video]

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
yea really messed up that they did that but that's how apple is... made for the clueless rich that just have too much money to spend lol... now $30 per adapter is great profit lol

+all the in home stuff that won't fit an adapter like ihome docked clocks and stereos lol

Exactly. Anyone who upgrades and has all these home docks and car/stereo docks will have to buy new, well, everything.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Anyone who upgrades and has all these home docks and car/stereo docks will have to buy new, well, everything.

or if they can manage to use the adapter.... then its 30 per item which is insane

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The adapter raises the height of the phone so far out of the bases of most of those docks that the phone itself will be totally supported by only the thin portion of the adapter that is inserted into the phone base. I can see it now, a slightly misdirected hand reaching for the phone...snap!~ No more connector, and the portion that broke off is stuck inside the phone! Try to charge that bad boy now! :blink: