New RUU Leaks For HTC Thunderbolt – Fixes GPS, Audio Recording And LTE Hand-Off

wooddale

Reaction score
You can either mount it on your computer by plugging it into a USB port and changing the mode to disk drive mode. Then it will give you a prompt on your computer to open it and just drag the file to the root. Or you can use the move method in any file explorer to move it from where it is to the root of the sdcard.

Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt
sent you PM still cant get

If you're using a file manager, there should be a path in the upper left corner. Most will open to your sd root by default. The path will say /sd. Twix is right about only one PG05IMG at a time on your sd root. That's why you were losing root, HBOOT was re-installing the old zip.

This thread has been Thunder struck!
I figured that out the hard way I don't have that one in there any more but I guess I don't have anything in there what will happen when I finally get it? I figure just like it did.before like stock but.I should.be rooted then I can load Hand back up. Whenever I load a Rom it goes to the same place that radio goes downloads but I have to open it to pick it

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
sent you PM still cant get

If you're using a file manager, there should be a path in the upper left corner. Most will open to your sd root by default. The path will say /sd. Twix is right about only one PG05IMG at a time on your sd root. That's why you were losing root, HBOOT was re-installing the old zip.

I figured that out the hard way I don't have that one in there any more but I guess I don't have anything in there what will happen when I finally get it? I figure just like it did.before like stock but.I should.be rooted then I can load Hand back up. Whenever I load a Rom it goes to the same place that radio goes downloads but I have to open it to pick it

After you've flashed the radio, its best to either delete it or move it to another location and rename it. You'll flash the radio in HBOOT first, reboot, then go back into HBOOT (it'll search for a PG05IMG zip but will return to the main menu when it doesn't see one), and scroll to Recovery and press your power button. You DO have Clockworkmod recovery flashed, right??

ramos

Reaction score
will this update stop future updates? I thought I read this somewhere either on this thread or one in phandroid, but can't seem to find it again.

jimmiem

Reaction score
I haven't seen a complete list of known issues this update fixes. I've personally verified that the audio level during video recording has been fixed, and the microphone now works on calls when headphones are plugged in.

I don't know that GPS is any better for me, but I didn't have much trouble with it before. I don't have 4G service to know if the handoff issue has been resolved, but aside from the nationwide outage I haven't lost my internet randomly since updating.

On the downside, my phone seems to randomly reboot once or twice a day now where before the update it might have done one a week.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
On the downside, my phone seems to randomly reboot once or twice a day now where before the update it might have done one a week.

i have noticed this as well my phone has rebooted several times and a couple of times i have picked up my phone to use it and it's off altogether..

*edit*
just as i type this my phone required a reboot to gain data connection after coming from a 4G area..:icon_rolleyes:

Last edited:

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Happens to some. If it really bothers you, flash back to the other radio and LTE firmware. Not something the ROM developers will fix.

Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt

wooddale

Reaction score
I don't know what an RUU is. So in noob terms, what will this do for my phone. It is rooted running Das 1.4 with drod 1.8 kernel. Thank you.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I f you go to the first couple posts of this thread it will tell you what it does. Increases bat life, makes gps work better, helps transition from 4G to 3G. Im in a 4G area so dont have problem with that. As far as GPS mine still doesnt work well but I think I know the reason when 4G was down and I only had 3G GPS worked well. So my guess its got to do with 4G. I duno.

RVC

Reaction score
I flashed it and I only have 1x now. What did I do wrong.....did I flash the.wrong one? I am rooted, so I use astro, the file is in my "downloads" folder on the sd card. Is that considered the root of the SD card? Thanks.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I flashed it and I only have 1x now. What did I do wrong.....did I flash the.wrong one? I am rooted, so I use astro, the file is in my "downloads" folder on the sd card. Is that considered the root of the SD card? Thanks.

No that is a subfolder. The root is where all the directories are.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

+1
It's where Astro opens to by default. "Root of SD" means on your SD but not in a folder. If you have any other zip files named PG05IMG there, you'll need to delete it or move it first. How did you root without knowing where the root of your SD is??

RVC

Reaction score
Does it have to be there....cause I'm having trouble moving it.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Does it have to be there....cause I'm having trouble moving it.

Yes. That's where HBOOT is going to look for it. Try copying it to the SD root vs moving it.

RVC

Reaction score

+1
It's where Astro opens to by default. "Root of SD" means on your SD but not in a folder. If you have any other zip files named PG05IMG there, you'll need to delete it or move it first. How did you root without knowing where the root of your SD is??

I downloaded the RUU It was around 395mb when I went to download it but it is only 22kb after I download it. Then I put it on the root of the SD card, and hboot does not see it. So what am I doing.wrong? Why is the file so small?

Last edited: