New RUU Leaks For HTC Thunderbolt – Fixes GPS, Audio Recording And LTE Hand-Off

MrKleen

Reaction score
Last edited:

Beardface

Reaction score
We may be getting an ota sometime soon that resolves many of the little issues we have been having. Here is some more info that could help those that are rooted at the moment.

New RUU Leaks for HTC Thunderbolt – Fixes GPS, Audio Recording and LTE Hand-off - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
This is extremely good news for the TBolt community. It should fix the issues we're seeing with 3G & 4G randomly dropping (and draining battery quickly), it should fix the issue with GPS not syncing immediately (and draining battery), and with the Proximity Sensor that was apparently draining battery.

This is going to lead to a massive improvement in battery life. Can't wait for this to drop OTA!

MrKleen

Reaction score
I am loading the update now and also the new Das Bamf 1.5 rom. I will let you know how it goes.

1android

Reaction score
Ok, I rooted just yesterday...so how do I update? Do I have to go in and reinstall the RUU? Or is this an easy thing like updating an app from the market?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You will not lose root. To update just download and put on root of sdcard. Remove the old PG05IMG.zip file and name this one PG05IMG.zip. Make sure fast boot is unchecked. Power off then power on while holding volume down.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you have windows 7 just name it PG05IMG before installing check the properties of the file to ensure its not named PG05IMG.zip.zip

fizeke136

Reaction score
if you are rooted but haven't put a rom on the phone (so stock) do you have to wipe before flashing this? also, im just curious, but does anyone know if the stock rooted receives ota updates? i know a lot of developers disable this in their roms so i was just wondering. thanks.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Wow! I am crazy happy about this! My gps is locking on instantly now without messing around with it. Locked on immediately upon turning on maps for the first time!

FINALLY!

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Yup...das bamf 1.5 is already based on this leak. I'm sure many other devs are hard at work updating their roms as well. I know hedney3 has said twisted sense will be updated to the new ruu and baseband in the next release.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you are rooted but haven't put a rom on the phone (so stock) do you have to wipe before flashing this? also, im just curious, but does anyone know if the stock rooted receives ota updates? i know a lot of developers disable this in their roms so i was just wondering. thanks.

No cuz its wipes data for you, just install and enjoy.

Beardface

Reaction score
Wow! I am crazy happy about this! My gps is locking on instantly now without messing around with it. Locked on immediately upon turning on maps for the first time!

FINALLY!
Hows the 3G/4G?

Any noticeable increase in battery life? i.e. is it draining any faster or slower than you were experiencing before?

MrKleen

Reaction score

FINALLY!
Hows the 3G/4G?

Any noticeable increase in battery life? i.e. is it draining any faster or slower than you were experiencing before?

Right now I can't say what the other affects are, I've only had it up and running for a little bit. I am going to leave now and do my running around which will take me out of my 4g zone and into a 3g. I will let you know more info later after I can better comment. I will also use navigation to put it through the paces.