New rom, wipe data question?

sports96

Reaction score
I am changing to the new Ultimate Droid Froyo eXteme (RC2) rom. The question is there is no wipe data and cache option in SPRecovery. There is a wipe data/factory reset option and wipe cache partition option. Do I need to do both of these options? Also if I do will I have to reinstall all the apps i have downloaded through the market. I know the ones that I have paid for will automatically reinstall when you access your gmail, but what about the free apps. I can never get the free apps to automatically install, and that is a pain in the neck.

Thanks

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am changing to the new Ultimate Droid Froyo eXteme (RC2) rom. The question is there is no wipe data and cache option in SPRecovery. There is a wipe data/factory reset option and wipe cache partition option. Do I need to do both of these options? Also if I do will I have to reinstall all the apps i have downloaded through the market. I know the ones that I have paid for will automatically reinstall when you access your gmail, but what about the free apps. I can never get the free apps to automatically install, and that is a pain in the neck.

Thanks
I always do both. Makes for a nice clean installation.

As far as the apps loading, they should and have for me with pretty much every ROM I've tried. Even with the RC1.

With that said, you really should get Titanium backup. That way you back them up and reload in case the market doesn't do it for you.