backup question

big.daddy

Reaction score
i have a question about the nandroid backup system. I want to be able to back up my data (text messages) when updating to a new rom. Most nandroid roms require you to wipe to factory and cache partition. Once i do that, i lose everything. is there a way to do a advance nandroid backup of just data and then restore it once i update my new rom? Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

mikecolorama

Reaction score
exactly what i was just searching for. what happens to purchased and free apps after you wipe the data?

OP
B

big.daddy

Reaction score
the purchased apps can be redownloaded from the market. The paid apps are tied to your google account thats on your device. Im trying to find out if i can make just a data backup for text messages, call logs, etc. similar to the way blackberry does with the desktop manager.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you can back up apps with titanium backup. I just installed black droid and forgot to save everything. It was ok because once you put your info in gmail it syncs the data. Go into the market click settings and downloads and it shouls have paid and purchase apps you had downloaded. You will have to reinstall apps and set everything up unless you backed it up with titanium, which i forgot to do.