New [ROM] Official CyanogenMod 9 is here for the Galaxy Nexus!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Galaxy Nexus users! We have been waiting since release day for Nightly releases from the Cyanogen team! The wait is finally over. This is still in Beta and no Stable build has been released but nightlies are rolling out as of 2/24. Everything seems to be working in this build. Apparently this is not as feature rich as some of the other Roms that are already available for the Gnex like CodeNameAndroid, AOKP, and others. However the features will come. These early nightly builds are all 100% stable and can be ran as your daily driver. It is exciting to see this finally released for our devices.

cyanogenlogo.png

Some features include, Notification widgets, CyanBread main theme, Lockscreen customizations, custom carrier, file manager, custom screen rotation including 180 degree, cmsettings with tons of customization options, home button animation tweak, on screen navigation customization, lots of tweaks and mods, and lots of other features. The only thing that isn't included is the ThemeManager that we have become accustomed to with Cyanogen. That and other mods will come with future releases!

Grab the Rom and discuss here!

blacksoxing

Reaction score
I'll wait until a final build

Too early in the game to be a beta tester

empoweredh22

Reaction score
I got my third g-nex just the other day (insurance claims) and I currently have AOKP running very smoothly and have things configured just so. I don't want to risk that by trying out cm9 yet, but it's great to hear it's coming. When something goes wrong with my current setup (which, according to Murphy's Law is going to happen in about an hour now that I've talked about it) I'll give my old friend cyanogen a try.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Meh, took forever and isnt anything special. CND, AOKP and Liquid are far more customizable.

You would have thunk the nexus would have been the first to get CM9. Now they are just plain behind. :blink:

iGrizz

Reaction score
Meh I am going to pass until the final build as well. I am enjoying Gummynex and TeamBamf will be releasing their from soon.