New [ROM] MIUI V4 Stable ICS b5 for Droid 2 Global

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-from-the-forums.jpg

Droid 2 users it must be nice to see continued development on your phone being that it is two generations out! Available now for your device is a new MIUI v4 Rom developed by "DarkCricket". This Rom is based on WIUI for the Defy and CyanogenMod9. So this will have all the MIUI features that you have come to love plus all the ICS goodness from CM9! It should be noted that this is still very much beta, but is reported to be mostly functional and a stable build.

miui.png

A list of what is working includes CDMA radio, GSM radio, SMS, Bluetooth, GPS, wifi, sensors, audio, Dsp manager, Google talk, sdcard, voice input, hardware acceleration, charging works (not so well when phone is turned off), usb, 1% battery hack, Torch. This could easily be a daily driver for some but for others the deal breaker will be that the camera is not yet working.

It is imperative to SBF to the gingerbread kernel before installing this Rom. This is beta and as such is buggy if you would like to see further development of this Rom join in the development conversation, flash the rom, report problems that is what this community is all about anyhow right?!

Grab The Rom and discuss here!

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Trying it out right now! :icon_ lala:

Update: It's okay but I prefer the black background of menus versus the white. There aren't very many good "blurfree" roms for the D2G. This isn't really 100% stock vanilla ICS since it uses the Go Launcher. I'll keep tinkering with it and see what I think.

Destrto

Reaction score
No Physical Keyboard

Hi guys, new to the forums. Thought this would be the best place to express the bug im currently having with the MIUI ICS Rom for the D2G. Currently i love it, except for my physical keyboard is not functioning within text messages. Im not sure why its not working for me when it states that its functional on the list. But whenever i open a text message to reply, when i start to type on the slide out keyboard, only the buttons with shortcuts attached work and i cannot type anything. If anyone has some insight as to why this is, or how i might correct it, it would be appreciated.