New ringtones and sounds not working

malenb

Reaction score
I am a new Motorola Droid X user and this phone is humbling. I have been trying to set up new sounds on the phone. I downloaded apps that will put Spooky Sounds, Annoying Sounds, etc. as a ringer, alarm, or notification. The Spooky Sounds worked and then it, and every other sound application stopped working. For example, when I open the application, I get the error message: Sorry! The application Annoying Sounds (process com.nad.anoyingsounds) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Trying again never works and I hear no sounds. Even the sounds that I have already put into the ringer, notification, alarm no longer work. The only sounds that are playing are the stock loaded ones that came with the phone. Can anyone help with this?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Restart the phone. Its a known issue, all media tends to fail if you don't reboot every feew days.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
M

malenb

Reaction score
Thank you

I won't double post again. I really don't understand how these sites work yet. Anyway, I turned off the phone (something I thought I wasn't supposed to do). When I turned it back on, Voila! The sound apps worked again. Thank-you, you were a god send.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No worries about the double posting, it happens. Glad I could help. Remember, these phones are like little computers and restarting them regularly is a good thing. I personally do so if not every day then every other day. Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

EddyBalls

Reaction score
Hey man my Droid X is having a similar problem. it ALWAYS vibrates, even when I set the vibrate to never in the settings. and I get no ringer at all. It is a perfect stock phone, no mods to it at all. Any input on this? Any help would be very much appreciated :)

Edit: actually.........never mind. apparently, it's a problem with the "turn over to mute" feature in droid x's. when you enable that there's a bug where it always vibrates lol. All you have to do is call yourself with the phone facing up, then turn it over, then turn it up again, and then hang up. Do this several times until you get a ringer. Hope this helps anyone. That's how i just fixed mine like 5 minutes ago.

Last edited: