New Record! SMS App sends 450 characters in single SMS!

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I honestly don't get why people would want to send a long message. SMS stands for SHORT MESSAGE SERVICE. It is not LMS.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I honestly don't get why people would want to send a long message. SMS stands for SHORT MESSAGE SERVICE. It is not LMS.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I don't understand why anyone would want to do anything that an iPhone can't do... I don't know why anyone would want to do anything different than anyone else... I don't understand why what works for me isn't good enough for everyone else. 8/

Pffff... It does what it claims to do, it has nearly a zero footprint, runs completely behind the scenes with no user intervention and manages to squeeze longer text messages to as small as 33% of original size, potentially saving as much as 66% of your texting costs. There are plenty of people who text literally more than 1,000+ SMS's per month. If they used this plug-in, they could cut their number of SMS's to under 400. Oh, and it's free.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
I'm the developer of the app.

Aha! Always good to disclose that in the original posting.
What do you think of Google Voice's ability to send text messages over 160 characters, albeit using a data plan?

Text messaging is the biggest Carrier rip-off, but I digress...
There was a time when a company (OZ?) tried to route Instant Messaging messages over the cellular SMS network, and people started getting these large bills from the Carrier (AT&T). I wonder how much the Carrier paid that company for that "service".

And what happens if you send to a device that doesn't have your module installed? Does the receipient see garbled text?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
And what happens if you send to a device that doesn't have your module installed? Does the receipient see garbled text?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

I can answer that one. Both phones need to have the app installed, one to encode & send and the other to receive & decode.

vatothe0

Reaction score
And if the receiver doesn't have the app, the garbled message just cost them and is pretty much counter to the whole point of the app.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
And if the receiver doesn't have the app, the garbled message just cost them and is pretty much counter to the whole point of the app.

Right. But if you and your friends are in the habit of sending long text messages and aren't on an unlimited text plan, this could help.

I'm not part of the "target audience" as I only send (and receive) maybe 8 texts a month and the messages are only about 50 characters at most. I'm not even on a text plan as Verizon charges $10 for 250 messages per month and at .20 per message it's cheaper for me not to have a plan.

Last edited: