new razr maxx

earlybill1

Reaction score
After I find a comfortable way to root my maxx will I be able to use my titanium backup to install all my apps and some data will that work with my sd card also

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
After I find a comfortable way to root my maxx will I be able to use my titanium backup to install all my apps and some data will that work with my sd card also

Easiest way to root is using Matt's utility for sure. Its stickied on the RAZR hacks forum part. I'm gonna assume you're most likely on ICS so version 1.81 will do the trick. Just follow instructions to the last detail.

And yes you will be able to use titanium after you root to restore apps + data. Only after you root though since you need root permissions to use it first.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
Easiest way to root is using Matt's utility for sure. Its stickied on the RAZR hacks forum part. I'm gonna assume you're most likely on ICS so version 1.81 will do the trick. Just follow instructions to the last detail.

And yes you will be able to use titanium after you root to restore apps + data. Only after you root though since you need root permissions to use it first.

Hey thanks for the advice . The maxx say OS: ANDROID 4.1 ICS .Hey you got any good links for custom rom downloads for when I receive in mail Thursday or all things I cam do to it? Im still on my droid x it was my first smartphone, kinda afraid to part ways. Lol I've done everything possible to this ( roms, jakebite mod,flashing back and fourth from froyo back to gb and so on using the cds I've downloaded) well now my 11 yr old son is gonna take over my X and trust me he's as good as I am with the DX. He's read everything about it and even helped me many many times . He loves it as much as I do!!! Lol ill check out matts utility and go from there hope there is more hacks for my maxx thanks again

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
Now I've used the linux cds on my laptop many time and hope im right but I also have a version of rsd light don't know if its 5.7 but will my laptop work with what I have already or no

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Now I've used the linux cds on my laptop many time and hope im right but I also have a version of rsd light don't know if its 5.7 but will my laptop work with what I have already or no

I'm not sure to be honest I've never worked with linux. But to address your previous questions about Rom's and other stuff to do...I included Links to custom Rom's, Mobile Hotspot hack, and New JellyBean update leak install (If you are interested) that I think includes how to keep root or how to root. Keep in mind that all this is for the XT912 and follow instructions to the "T" please! lol

Custom Rom's
Droid Razr ICS ROMs (ICS Kernel) [XT912] - DroidRzr.com

JellyBean update leak install
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/8521-jb-ota-update-how-tos-with-details-for-begininers/

Mobile Hotspot hack (Only if you're on a unlimited plan)
How to Get Free 4G LTE Wifi Tether/Mobile Hotspot on Rooted Droid Razr! | DroidRazrRoot.com

Last edited:
OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
I'm not sure to be honest I've never worked with linux. But to address your previous questions about Rom's and other stuff to do...I included Links to custom Rom's, Mobile Hotspot hack, and New JellyBean update leak install (If you are interested) that I think includes how to keep root or how to root. Keep in mind that all this is for the XT912 and follow instructions to the "T" please! lol

Custom Rom's
Droid Razr ICS ROMs (ICS Kernel) [XT912] - DroidRzr.com

JellyBean update leak install
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/8521-jb-ota-update-how-tos-with-details-for-begininers/

Mobile Hotspot hack (Only if you're on a unlimited plan)
How to Get Free 4G LTE Wifi Tether/Mobile Hotspot on Rooted Droid Razr! | DroidRazrRoot.com

Hey stig
Can you please fix hotpot link it goes to same link as the JB leak update

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Ohh yeah Haha I forgot you had a class for that! Sorry about that FoxKat :p

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ohh yeah Haha I forgot you had a class for that! Sorry about that FoxKat :p

No harm, no foul! I just would rather see links back to our forum whenever possible. Don't get me wrong, without the incredible talents out there on some other forums, a lot of what we learn and circulate here wouldn't be here. However we do have our own "incredible talents" as well. :D