sd card contents

pbickel

Reaction score
On my rezound you could easily access the SD card contents from an app like es file explorer. On my maxx I can't find my SD card through it to install an apk. Where can i find it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
On my rezound you could easily access the SD card contents from an app like es file explorer. On my maxx I can't find my SD card through it to install an apk. Where can i find it?

There are two SD card directories, since the MAXX has both an internal and external (removable) SD card.

Tap the My files icon in your app tray and you'll sere two options for "Internal phone storage" and SD card.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

SallyC

Reaction score

Using es file explorer you will see 'sdcard' which is your internal memory and 'sdcard-ext' which is your external memory card.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Using es file explorer you will see 'sdcard' which is your internal memory and 'sdcard-ext' which is your external memory card.

How can you see the sdcard-ext with ES? I have never been able to see anything but the sdcard, I have to use Root Explorer when I want to see the sdcard-ext.

SallyC

Reaction score
How can you see the sdcard-ext with ES? I have never been able to see anything but the sdcard, I have to use Root Explorer when I want to see the sdcard-ext.

Use the Up button along the top menu to go to the top (/) and then scroll down the folders to sdcard and sdcard-ext. I'm not rooted and that's how I do it. After you've done it once, you can use the drop down History at the top to get to it quicker.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That is weird when I press UP it exits, I am currently at /sdcard/. So I press UP and it says "Press again to exit".

Edit: Removed head from arse and figured it out. Under my settings my home directory was the sdcard so it couldn't back up further than that, changed home directory to "/" and now I can see both. Thanks Sally once again I learn something new.

OP
pbickel

pbickel

Reaction score
I got it right after I posted this using the files app but with rather use es. Went in and changed my home settings on es and everything is going good now.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks SallyC, I missed the es explorer mention...:icon_eek: