New Maxx's are in!

Colorado

Reaction score
Mine and my wife's new maxx's were just delivered. I didn't even open the boxes yet. I am a little afraid because I have my droid x exactly the way I want it and I don't want to screw things up. What is the best process to get everything over to my new maxx. I emailed mybackup pro and they said I can restore my dx, then put my sd card into the new phone and install mb pro and restore. Will this put all my settings, pics, etc. over to the new maxx? I am not rooted so I know that I may have to reload all the apps, which I dread because I don't want the new versions of some of the apps I have. What's the best route to take to get me into my new phone without a migrane?
Thanks

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
I've heard that swapping SD cards don't work often between phones because of encription issues, but I know for sure (I do this all the time), that using your computer, you can transfer all of your files and even the app APKs so you can still have your previous versions. I've hooked up both phones to the computer and I've just used the card with/adaptor in the SD slot on computer. Its actually pretty simple! I'm just really not sure your gonna be able to just swap out SD cards?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

jaqsyd

Reaction score
Just got my Maxx the other day and switched sd cards. All my stuff there. Just had to log in passwords again. Hope this helps.

OP
C

Colorado

Reaction score
I've heard that swapping SD cards don't work often between phones because of encription issues, but I know for sure (I do this all the time), that using your computer, you can transfer all of your files and even the app APKs so you can still have your previous versions. I've hooked up both phones to the computer and I've just used the card with/adaptor in the SD slot on computer. Its actually pretty simple! I'm just really not sure your gonna be able to just swap out SD cards?

Can I just copy all files from my sd card to computer then hookup my maxx and copy them over from pc to maxx?

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Hmmmmm? Yea I think you should be able to! I haven't done it that way, but why not? I've only done it transfer to transfer by doing the "drag & drop" method! That I know works! Maybe someone else here will comment on other methods than can be used for a mass copy! Copying all files at once to transfer sounds better but some files like app APKs go into different files so that's why I learned how to do it manually. I'm a little tech savvy, but not an expert! Lol ;-)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hold up.... do you have your SD card encrypted on your x?? If not it will transfer to the maxx with no problems what so ever. :D

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
C

Colorado

Reaction score
Hold up.... do you have your SD card encrypted on your x?? If not it will transfer to the maxx with no problems what so ever. :D

Do your apps and app data transfer over that way?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also if you wish to.do a PC data transfer of you sdcard data then the best way is this....

Off load all of the data to your PC,

Install the sdcard into the maxx,

Go to, settings, privacy, format sdcard, that will format it to the maxx, and erase it. Unmount the sdcard and remove it.

Put it back in the PC and transfer the data to the SD card.

Reinstall the sdcard and your good.

JUST REMEMBER TO.FOR.AT THE SDCARD.INSIDE THE MAXX!!! Or else you're gonna have a bad time :)

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
I would " first " try to move all files to ext SD, put it in your maxx and see what you got? Download something like astro and maybe app2sd and try to load then back on the phone! And a must have on your phone, fyi, even if this doesn't work is "appbackup & restore" this lets you revert back to previous versions of the apps if you don't like the new one!

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
94lt1 said:

Thanks 94lt1. I new someone else would come along with more info! Lol ;-)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Per the instructions, CHARGE TO 100% with POWER OFF FIRST!!! This should take 5.5 hours for the MAXXs. DO NOT activate or power up until you do that!

OP
C

Colorado

Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies. One other question. I have 7 email accounts between yahoo, local isp, etc. Will my email settings transfer over or will they have to be re-entered manually.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The stock email clients will possibly have some problems with what you describe, but you may find K9 Mail to be a great solution. Also DroidMail is a suitable replacement as well.

droidbio

Reaction score
I am trying to buy a Maxx myself but Verizon and Best Buy raised their prices to $299.

Any suggestions about where to purchase?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2