New Rarz Maxx came in today

duncan0553

Reaction score
Ok now that I got my new Maxx, I have a few questions about the set up.

1. How do I get the apps that I had on my Droid X transfered to the Maxx?
2. I was able to get the contacts transfered but none of the pictures on the contacts showed up. Any thoughts?

I am sure that I will have more questions after I play with it a little more. I got major tired head tonight so plan on messing with it tomorrow.

Thanks for the help in advance.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ok now that I got my new Maxx, I have a few questions about the set up.

1. How do I get the apps that I had on my Droid X transfered to the Maxx?
2. I was able to get the contacts transfered but none of the pictures on the contacts showed up. Any thoughts?

I am sure that I will have more questions after I play with it a little more. I got major tired head tonight so plan on messing with it tomorrow.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Congrats on the new device.

To get the apps you had on your x, to your maxx.. sign into your gmail account when you initially power on the device. Go into the app market, it will give you a few of the apps. Back out of the market for about 5-10 mins. Go back into the market, it should ask you to agree to the terms and conditions again, and turn into the play store. Tap options, my apps, now you should be able to acquire all of your apps.

My pics for.my.contacts don't transfer either. Hope this helps

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Here's a thought. Maybe try MyPhoneExplorer Client? I was looking for a solution to sync with Outlook and this worked. I'd noticed that the pictures from my Facebook contacts had transferred to Outlook, as well. Specifically, the main default Facebook image for each contact. Is that what you're trying to retain? Sync with your old phone, first, then new phone. I think it works with other clients than Outlook. Maybe Thunderbird as well? I have no experience using that, but I believe it's free.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
94lt1 I tried to do what you said but not sure where you get to options.

Options is the bottom left hand key on your device. Three vertical lines.. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
duncan0553

duncan0553

Reaction score
got it now. thank you very much.

I have another question for you. on the old X i was able to get 7 main screens but i can't remember how I got from 5 to 7. is it an app or in the phone seting somewhere