New phones a little too big

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well another thing to keep in mind is that these aren't just phones anymore. With the introduction of the Moto Droid and the phones that follow these devices are becoming more of a netbook/low end laptop replacement. Also with better and better camera technology they may also become a viable alternative to a separate point and shoot.
My thoughts exactly...

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

badazz74

Reaction score
The droid x is almost the size of a TV remote, don't get me wrong a big screen is much better for multimedia and gaming but at the end of the day its still a phone.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
You don't like it , then don't buy it . There's always going to be a tiny puny phone for you to buy .

NYZ93

Reaction score
yep i woulda loved the droid x if it was the droid size with its thinness and no motoblur

littlerick

Reaction score
how can so many people complain about the x when it isn't out yet? lol at least wait till you see it and try to fit it in your pocket before making assumptions

mikeofny

Reaction score
The droid x is almost the size of a TV remote, don't get me wrong a big screen is much better for multimedia and gaming but at the end of the day its still a phone.
These are not phones anymore! They are multi-function devices that have a phone app installed. People don't say... "please pass me my cell" They say... "Please pass me my DROID"

mikeofny

Reaction score
how can so many people complain about the x when it isn't out yet? lol at least wait till you see it and try to fit it in your pocket before making assumptions

I agree with you on this one.

Since the EVO came out, I was hoping Motorola would do something similar. I can't wait.

BzB

Reaction score
hopefully the screen manufacturers will get better at reducing the border space around the screen so they can increase screen size without drastically increasing the external dimensions.

the droid x is bigger than the evo and that phone is already too wide for my personal tastes. i don't want a tablet phone, i want a tastefully sized smart phone with the same features.

the new phones seem to be aiming to be a tablet / smart phone hybrid. it's good for screen size, the chasis itself is just too wide imo. it looks like you're holding one of those old school ti-86 graphing calculators up to your face. lol

baniels

Reaction score
Less than 0.5" taller, less than 0.25" wider, and actually thinner than the Droid. I don't see a problem with that.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Will make watching movies on planes better, especially with the new wifi mods that we are putting on the aircraft.

Mule65

Reaction score
I dont see how the X could fit in anyones pocket, it looks like a wannabe netbook..

The Droid X is smaller than your Droid in total volume and it will slide into a pocket easier than the thicker Droid.

Droid 1
4.56 * 2.36 * 0.54 = 5.81 volume
2.36 * 0.54 = 1.27 area

Droid X
5.01 * 2.50 * 0.39 = 4.88 volume
2.50 * 0.39 = 0.98 area

Last edited:

BzB

Reaction score
Less than 0.5" taller, less than 0.25" wider, and actually thinner than the Droid. I don't see a problem with that.

might not seem like a lot but it is really noticeable. there's also that hump in the back where the camera lens is. and it doesn't have the handy kickstand like the evo does. don't get me wrong, it looks like it will be a great phone, but the evo was already too big for my tastes and the droid x is even bigger.

motoroladroidx35.jpg

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I dont see how the X could fit in anyones pocket, it looks like a wannabe netbook..

The Droid X is smaller than your Droid in total volume and it will slide into a pocket easier than the thicker Droid.

Droid 1
4.56 * 2.36 * 0.54 = 5.81 volume
2.36 * 0.54 = 1.27 area

Droid X
5.01 * 2.50 * 0.39 = 4.88 volume
2.50 * 0.39 = 0.98 area

Well I dont put my droid in my pocket either, but it will fit. Like other posters, this is just my opinion but as I think about it, I think the device will serve a purpose and be widely used, as device size increases, like the other poster said, its becoming less of a phone and more of "All-in-one" device.

Here's where I think we will see things head, I think what companies are mainly targeting these devices for are the people who use blue tooth all of or the majority of the time, hoping that trends lean towards people not using their phones physical talking features but more or less relying on blue tooth becoming a standard that everyone uses.

Waiting for the motorola earplant bluetooth ..<g>

Last edited: