New phone for Christmas?

DroidJ

Reaction score
My contract is up, and with all these low prices on so many phones, I obviously should get a new one. I have the Bionic right now and I kind of can't stand it.. the touch screen is acting up all the time, random restarts, slow, etc. I want a phone with a physical keyboard, but there isn't many out there. The Droid 4 is an option, but I hear the battery life is awful. I want a phone with a good keyboard, and decent battery life, but that seems to hard to find.. What phone would you all recommend?
Happy holidays

theodavison

Reaction score
My contract is up, and with all these low prices on so many phones, I obviously should get a new one. I have the Bionic right now and I kind of can't stand it.. the touch screen is acting up all the time, random restarts, slow, etc. I want a phone with a physical keyboard, but there isn't many out there. The Droid 4 is an option, but I hear the battery life is awful. I want a phone with a good keyboard, and decent battery life, but that seems to hard to find.. What phone would you all recommend?
Happy holidays

The droid razr maxx or razr maxx hd

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I second the Maxx HD.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
DroidJ

DroidJ

Reaction score
It is somewhat difficult to text on the Bionic, with my big thumbs. Will texting be any easier or the same?

theodavison

Reaction score
It is somewhat difficult to text on the Bionic, with my big thumbs. Will texting be any easier or the same?

Easier on the note 2 its a bigger phone on the new droid its about the same

Last edited:
OP
DroidJ

DroidJ

Reaction score
I had the Droid 1 as my first android phone and it was great, the physical keyboard was amazing, then I bought an extended battery and my battery lasted forever. I wish I could do the same with the Droid 4, but you can't remove the battery. Should I just go back to my original Droid? It was the best phone I ever used, it's just out dated now..

Last edited:

kookk

Reaction score
Going back to the droid would definitely be a painful experience imo. I love that phone but it's just WAY too dated

Reaction score
The battery life in a Droid 4 is the worst I have ever had in any smartphone. I couldn't get through a whole day of use from that thing without having charge it. I loved the fact that I had a real keyboard. The move to a touch screen keyboard wasn't that bad for me and I have big hands/fingers.