What Droid should I get?

Magnum

Reaction score
So, I really want a droid. I've never had a phone before (and I'm 16, haha) and I'm looking to have some android enabled phone but I don't know which one would suit me best.
I'm looking for something with:
16GB or higher Hard Drive
Physical keyboard (Not 100% necessary)
Uber-long battery life
Pretty snappy (something with a decent processor)
Pretty new.
Has a decent camera (anything over 1Mp)

If there's anything close to that, let me know! Thanks!!
dancedroid

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I think the closest thing to what you're describing would be the droid 2. It has a physical keyboard, its pretty fast with a 1ghz processor and the ability to overclock. The only thing is battery life but that's fairly universal.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Jolly

Reaction score
I had a D1 and loved it but I never used the hard keyboard. I upgraded to the X last week and love it just as much. The larger screen is Amazing but the D2 World Phone is going to be a great phone too. It's a matter of what's most important to you if you don't travel overseas and have no need for a world phone and also want a bigger screen go with the DX. If you you want to have the option to use your phone on all networks go with the D2 World phone. The best thing about Android is you can choose a phone that fits you. The I phone has two memory based choices and you're stuck and you can't customize it like Android. Also the DX is lighter than the D2 because you have no hard keyboard.

Sent from my DROIDX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your never going to get good battery life. Not with IOS or Android or windows, these phones just do to much! You'll learn how to get threw the day and still have battery after a few days. I hate recommending the Droid 2 because I still am 133% in love with the OG droid, but Its not available any longer. (ebay)

Droid 2 is the best option if your going to want a keyboard.

Jolly

Reaction score
I have a lot of love for the OG Droid but I upgraded to the X and the only thing I miss is the unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my DROIDX

joeybarclay

Reaction score
I was 14 or 15 when I got my first phone, It always bothered me that I kept seeing a bunch of 8 year olds with phones. I recommend the droid 2.

OP
M

Magnum

Reaction score
I was 14 or 15 when I got my first phone, It always bothered me that I kept seeing a bunch of 8 year olds with phones. I recommend the droid 2.

Ha, I've had that same feeling.

So, either this forum is extremely bias or the Droid 2 is a bada** phone. It sounds like that's the better choice unless I hear otherwise.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
If you want the hard keyboard and high end, droid 2 is the only current choice.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Jolly

Reaction score
The D2 is an amazing phone. And you can't say anyone is biased because the D2 was released with 2.2 and if I had been eligible for upgrade at the time I would have chosen the D2 for that reason. But under the screen and skin the D2 and DX are the same phone.