New Phone Battery Advice

marius

Reaction score
Ive ordered a Motorola Defy
The battery saving features are like on the droid x or droid 2 but it has a larger battery of 1540 mAh
So my question is how do i charge my battery right from the first charge and so on.
I saw people getting 3 days of normal use
I dont use accounts background data or sync so i want to get even more
I had a milestone(droid 1) which i charged as the box said(first charge to 100% then use) that lasted for 20 minutes and then the battery lowered by 10%
Just by looking through the web.

THANKS

OP
M

marius

Reaction score
And the pople saying they got so good of a batt life
Didnt charge it out of the box but let it discharge
How does that work?

OP
M

marius

Reaction score
but what about charging technique?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I was a "Battery freak" (not saying you are :)) for most of my droid life doing everything I could to get a few more minutes out of my battery. I bought chargers for my work, car, and several for around the home. I even read how Lithium Ion batteries don't like to go to a low % charge and prefer to be kept charged with minimal drain. The slower you charge a battery the less harsh it is on the battery, so I got some non-droid chargers that weren't as powerful as the stock Droid charger.

In the end, I realized on Amazon I can get a Droid OEM battery for $3. So now I'm just trying to enjoy my droid, I have data sync on, I have a ton of apps on my phone (before I tried to have just a few to save battery), and I'm enjoying going to webpages even though that drains the **** out of my battery. I'm focusing more on enjoying my phone than saving a few hours on my battery since I sit at a desk with a charger next to me 99% of the time anyway. lol.

So --- lithium ion batteries don't take draining all the way very well (like Nickle Metal Hydride or Cadium batteries), they like to be kept near a 100% charge (but use them a bit), slower charging chargers help the longevity of your battery rather than the faster charging ones, and trying to keep it near 100% as much as you can instead of letting it drain.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
but what about charging technique?
Ancient history. Charge it when it needs to be charged. By the time any charging pattern ruins the battery, it will be time for a new phone. Don't let the battery rule you. When it needs charging, charge it. If it's half way down but you want to be sure to get a full day out of it, charge it. Don't want to be tethered to a charging cord? Get a spare battery and a stand alone wall charger and swap batteries.