Brand New Phone Battery Charge

Reaction score
I just purchased a new phone from Verizon(the Droid 2). I always heard that you should fully charge a battery before use when you first get it. Now the sales rep at the Verizon Store turned on my phone straight out of the box, and did a few things on it(i.e. backup assistant, set up email). I went home and fully charged it afterward. Now my question is, by the sales rep doing this, did it ruin my chances of my battery ever being optimal by using it for appx. 15 minutes before I could charge it fully?

And is this something I could blame verizon for and have my battery replaced so I can follow the correct steps on brand new battery charging?

tnronin

Reaction score
No you are fine. Old tech was like that, these batteries don't take a memory like the Ni-Cd ones did. HTH

mikepd

Reaction score
Li-ion batteries do not have memories as has already been mentioned. If you want to be sure that the charging circuit on the battery is correctly calibrated then for the first time and every three months after let it drain down to zero then charge it back up to 100%.

That will make sure the charging circuit on the battery is calibrated correctly. I use battery left widget which can be had from the Market and it learns over time your battery uses and calibrates itself accordingly to how much time you have left before the battery will die.

It is one of the better battery apps that I have seen and I highly recommend it.

tnronin

Reaction score
I liked battery left widget but it drained my battery too much. Go figure.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App