Battery life issue/question

cboogs

Reaction score
When I got my phone a month ago, I immediately downloaded the app Battery Left. When fully charged, the hours of battery remaining used to show at 35. Now when the battery is fully charged it displays that the battery only has 15 hours of life left. Any idea why I would have such a drastic drop in battery capacity?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you running any widgets or apps that is killing your battery

OP
C

cboogs

Reaction score
The only widget running is Weather Channel. I also use a task killer to end all of my apps that are running.

ShowTime

Reaction score
The whole draw of Battery Left is that it "learns" and adapts to your usage. So, when you first got your phone, you probably had fewer apps and widgets, and possibly even used your phone less frequently on a day to day basis. As you've added apps and widgets and expanded your usage, you burn through battery quicker, and thus Battery Left has adjusted its projection of your battery life based on your typical current usage. This isn't to say that you will only get 15 hours now, but just that based on your typical usage, BL is projecting that it will last that long. That said, 15 hours on a full charge is fairly normal.

Last edited: