New OS is garbage.

WillinNH

Reaction score
Have a Droid 2.3.3 and recently added system update 4.5.A955.Verizon.en.US. Detest the darkened screen slowed my droid down, and several apps (most notably Inotia 3) give me a black screen and no longer work. Also WiFi tether seems to be blocked. Would like to uninstall the system update, is this possible?

Last edited:

km75

Reaction score
Yes. You can just SBF back to froyo.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

trdsoarer93

Reaction score
Where on this website will someone find the Stock Rom - and a step by step instruction on how to install it -
theres a bunch of custom roms ..
but not really helpful for those whom just want the previous stock rom.

OP
W

WillinNH

Reaction score
Lord of the rings?

Yes. You can just SBF back to froyo.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I'm not sure exactly what this means, but I think it has something to do with lord of the rings...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have a Droid 2.3.3 and recently added system update 4.5.A955.Verizon.en.US. Detest the darkened screen slowed my droid down, and several apps (most notably Inotia 3) give me a black screen and no longer work. Also WiFi tether seems to be blocked. Would like to uninstall the system update, is this possible?
I would suggest that you have a bad install of the update and/or some apps that don't work well with the update. The first thing I would is a Factory Hard Reset and if that doesn't totally fix your issues, start taking off the offending apps and see if your phone does better. Then reinstall the apps and see if the crap comes back. If so, remove those apps as they need to be updated to work with the new os version. Try other apps that do the same job. Good luck.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would suggest that you have a bad install of the update and/or some apps that don't work well with the update. The first thing I would is a Factory Hard Reset and if that doesn't totally fix your issues, start taking off the offending apps and see if your phone does better. Then reinstall the apps and see if the crap comes back. If so, remove those apps as they need to be updated to work with the new os version. Try other apps that do the same job. Good luck.

Even after doing a clean install and hard reset, the new OS is still garbage. Motorola really dropped the ball on the D2, even before it was released.

biknut1

Reaction score
Even after doing a clean install and hard reset, the new OS is still garbage. Motorola really dropped the ball on the D2, even before it was released.

Perhaps you need to take your phone to the store and ask them to SBF it for you. My wife has a D2 and it is the bomb compared to my D2G. Even on Froyo, she could use the heck out of it for work all day and still have battery left. On GB it is running pretty much the same. And I have my D2G to a state that I can live with by buying Gorilla Gadgets Battery, rooting, SetCPU, GB. Maybe yours has a hardware issue, or as stated above some apps are not playing nicely with your phone.

Khiraji

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're having problems... GB runs great on my D2. I'm still rocking the MonsterGB Leak - been looking for a compelling reason to load up the official OTA, but as the saying goes "if it ain't broke..."

If a factory reset fails, definitely take it down to the VZW store and see if they can SBF if. Maybe something tiny was corrupted on the initial download/install?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Perhaps you need to take your phone to the store and ask them to SBF it for you. My wife has a D2 and it is the bomb compared to my D2G. Even on Froyo, she could use the heck out of it for work all day and still have battery left. On GB it is running pretty much the same. And I have my D2G to a state that I can live with by buying Gorilla Gadgets Battery, rooting, SetCPU, GB. Maybe yours has a hardware issue, or as stated above some apps are not playing nicely with your phone.

Really? You don't think I know how to SBF properly, huh? I was a certified Motorola technician til May, 2010. I've done my fair share of SBF'ing on numerous phones, and it's unfortunate that the D2 is the biggest piece of trash I've ever used. The battery life is garbage, and I can't get a day of use out of it unless I simply don't use it and it's in standby all day.

It's not my phone. It's every single D2 and D2G released. They are all a big waste of money.

Algae998

Reaction score
Really? You don't think I know how to SBF properly, huh? I was a certified Motorola technician til May, 2010. I've done my fair share of SBF'ing on numerous phones, and it's unfortunate that the D2 is the biggest piece of trash I've ever used. The battery life is garbage, and I can't get a day of use out of it unless I simply don't use it and it's in standby all day.

It's not my phone. It's every single D2 and D2G released. They are all a big waste of money.

I dont know if I share the extend of your dislike towards the D2, but Im definitely frustrated with mine. It seems, ever since the new OS update, my phone runs like crap. First I got a boot loop, then after a factory reset now my wifi doesnt work, 3G works intermittently and I get 3-4 hours on the battery before I need to charge again.

Is SBF'ing similar to factory reset, except you dont loose your data?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I dont know if I share the extend of your dislike towards the D2, but Im definitely frustrated with mine. It seems, ever since the new OS update, my phone runs like crap. First I got a boot loop, then after a factory reset now my wifi doesnt work, 3G works intermittently and I get 3-4 hours on the battery before I need to charge again.

Is SBF'ing similar to factory reset, except you dont loose your data?

You will lose all data not stored via Google or on your SD card if you SBF.

Algae998

Reaction score
Good to know, thanks.
Steady but surely Im learning more about Android and the D2.