Issues with new Droid Pro software update

Scaryfast94

Reaction score
My Droid Pro (which I've had for over a year now) just went through the recent update (now system version 4.6.8.XT610.Verizon.en.US; android version 2.3.3; Kernel version 2.6.32.9-g8b456a1-w36084@ca25rhe92 #1; build number 4.5.1-110-VNS-22) and I have noticed two problems.

1. I have the USB connection set to charge only, but when I plug it in, it kicks off a driver install that says "Installing Device Driver - MTP Device". It'll install, then a minute or two later, it'll install again. It keeps repeating this process. It slows down my laptop when it's going through the install process. This never happened until the update.

2. When I make calls with my bluetooth through my truck, it'll start the call and immediately end it. When I redial, the call will go through fine the second time.

3. I HATE the new Wi-Fi hotspot app. It used to be so simple and worked great. Now you have multiple choices including tethering and it either doesn't connect or takes FOREVER to connect.

nikkik

Reaction score
My husband and I have both had issue #2 - both using the DROID. I've also had intermittent issues with #3 - once its on, it works great.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums