New music not appearing

papy72

Reaction score
I downloaded an album through the Amazon mp3 store on my PC. I sync'd it over to my droid as I usually do, but the music does not appear in my app.

I ran SDRescan and even tried rebooting the phone completely. If I use ASTRO to find the music I can play it on the Droid but the music app doesn't show the artist/song/album info as I am used to seeing.

Anyone have a clue what is going on?

mixtape

Reaction score
I had a similar issue awhile back but never found an official cure for the problem. What I did was power off the phone, wait a few seconds, and power it back on. You can also try unmounting the card, removing it, and then reinstalling it. Hope it helps!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
SDrescan (as the OP mentioned using) unmounts and then remounts the SD card without having to physically remove it.

dro855

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue and it just started today

What I've notice
1. All music apps except one, fail to recognize new songs or account for deleted songs
2. I can navigate to the music files using Astro
3. SDrescan and all other apps like it did not resolve issue. I also tried rebooting the phone, dismounting/mounting the SD card, manually removing the card, but to no avail.

I have Tunewiki, MusicMod, Music Player, Mixzing, and 3. However, MortPlayer is the only music app that is correctly updated, but that's because its a folder driven music app that rescans the directory upon app start up.

Is there any other way to get the phone to rescan or index the media files quicker?

OP
papy72

papy72

Reaction score
Still not seeing the music. This is darn peculiar. About the only thing I haven't tried doing is manually deleting the music indexes and/or removing ALL my music from the phone, rescan the empty SD card, and then sync it back. I'll probably try that tonight.

OP
papy72

papy72

Reaction score
Well I purged all the music from my Droid, ran SDrescan to clean out the music entries, then reloaded all my music (including the new songs).

And they still don't show up. I am at a complete loss to figure out what is wrong.

OP
papy72

papy72

Reaction score
Hot darn, I figured it out, and this might be an Android bug.

The album I bought is named "...Hits". Media Monkey automatically syncs the music into a directory with the same name. But for whatever reason the fact that the directory started with a period screwed up the rescans.

Once I renamed the directory "Greatest Hits" the music showed up!

dro855

Reaction score
Thats funny, I just got mine to work as well. I went to:
Settings
-> Applications
-> Manage Applications
-> All
-> Music
-> Clear data

Up until this point, I had cleared the data of all music apps except the native one. After I cleared the data, I ran SDrescan and I it took much longer. Presto, all music was found and all album art was undiscovered.

I also clear a bunch of cache on the phone as well, so that may also have been part of it. Hopefully this helps anyone else who has the problem