New Motorola Droid 2 pics

spawn9859

Reaction score
Droid-Life just posted some new pics of the Droid 2 and a video of the boot animation:

motorola-droid2-1-1-dl-600x382.jpg

Well, hello there Motorola Droid 2. We would like to officially introduce you to the readers of Droid Life. We saw your activation screen just the other day, but we’ll admit that it’s nice to finally see the rest of you.

What do you think everyone? Should we just sit back and gaze at it for a bit? Moment of silence for Droid 1? Throw a party? Be confused? Start saving?

As you can see, externally, it looks almost identical to the Droid 1. The keyboard is really the only thing to have undergone a complete overhaul and now lacks that giant gold D-pad (which no one used) and includes some puffier looking keys. There are also some minor tweaks to the lip which is covered, giving off a slightly smoother appearance. The battery cover no longer has that fingernail insert. And that’s basically it for the outside. The Droid 2 is all about the internal specs and a new version of Motoblur which doesn’t appear to be quite as intrusive as the versions we’ve seen on the Devour and Backflip.

Some of the juicy details we were given:

-Android 2.1 (unless Verizon pumps out a last minute 2.2 update to it)
-3.7″ screen
-750MHz OMAP processor
-Wi-Fi tethering
-8GB internal
-8GB SD card preinstalled
-Updated keyboard
-5MP camera
-New version of Motoblur
-No HDMI port
-No front facing camera

motorola-droid2-4-4-dl-600x129.jpg

motorola-droid2-3-3-dl-600x306.jpg

Credit goes to Droid-Life.

modified

Reaction score
Keyboard still needs work.
Specs are "behind" if you ask me.

I doubt any current Incredible or Droid owners will upgrade to this. It's barely better. and it might take a while before an overclock, or even a root, is available.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice find. Hmmm...looks like I'm going to be waiting for the droid pro after all. Looks nice I guess lol, I'm confused by why they put moyo blur on it. But if it's a new improved version then it may not be toobad.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

J

Johnly

Something is wrong with that picture. It seems like a droid one.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Doesn't look like anything special. Its just an Original Motorola Droid with an updated keyboard, 8GB internal, Wi-Fi tethering and Motoblur.

Just the fact it has MotoBlur would be reason enough not to buy it.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I wouldnt buy a Motoblur device unless the dev community had rooted it and there were stable custom ROM's.

It'll be fun to see what devices are out on the market next year when we're all able to upgrade.

mach330

Reaction score
was really hoping the hdmi port would be there. improvement on the keyboard which is nice. i do agree.not sure if it's that much of an improvement on the current droid. who does moto think they are...apple? :icon_evil:

i hope it's a tad thinner..like dinc thin...then that would be an improvement. current droid is a tad too thick for me. how about 720p recording?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Motoblur not doing it for me. I'm not big on the 'social networking' so it's something I would much rather do without. Give me my vanilla Android OS and I'll adjust it accordingly :)

dwagner88

Reaction score
Well at least I don't have to worry about upgrading for a while, cause this kinda sucks. I was at least hoping for hdmi. Maybe moto is transitioning the droid to a mid-level device, while devices like the shadow will be the future high-end devices.