New MotoBlur and Gingerbread... Officially?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I have both, but I have to return one to Verizon.

The Droid X has better hardware hands down, but software, the Dinc wins with Sense UI.

But I hear the X is supposedly getting Gingerbread and the new Motoblur, which I think is a good competitor to Sense. I would stick with the X if I KNEW it would be getting the new MotoBlur and Gingerbread. That locked bootloader has me kinda iffy, but like I said, if I can get a half-decent UI, I don't really care.

So anyone know about this OTA Gingerbread update for the Droid X? I heard "soon" a month ago...

boostedhonda

Reaction score

The Droid X has better hardware hands down, but software, the Dinc wins with Sense UI.

But I hear the X is supposedly getting Gingerbread and the new Motoblur, which I think is a good competitor to Sense. I would stick with the X if I KNEW it would be getting the new MotoBlur and Gingerbread. That locked bootloader has me kinda iffy, but like I said, if I can get a half-decent UI, I don't really care.

So anyone know about this OTA Gingerbread update for the Droid X? I heard "soon" a month ago...

Yeah i read about this about a month ago too and havent heard anything else about it since.

Sent From My Blurless Droid X

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Honestly, unless you can get one real cheap and not waste an upgrade, I would just wait until something else comes along anyway. I'd prefer an inc over an X myself, but I wouldn't see a need to waste a lot of money buying one off contract or wasting an upgrade.

Now, about your question on the Gingerbread/New MotoBlur update, there has been no talk about an update or leak anytime soon, and Gingerbread hasn't been sent out to any other devices except the Nexus devices, leading me to believe it might turn out like Android 2.0 did, and only be an incremental update for a specific phone. Now, the X at some point might get Android 2.4, which of said to be Gingerbread too, or the next major update to the phone part of android, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Oh, misread your post. I'd keep the one you most enjoy at this moment in time, and not what might happen to it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I am really liking this Sense 2.0 ROM, if only Sense could be ported to the DX :/

Thanks for the suggestion, I like the Dinc more at this very moment. I would be pretty "mad" (no cursing..) if the X got a decent Blur/GB, though.

Google something like "Droid X official Gingerbread update". supposedly some guy has it on his phone right now.... Of course there's no way to know, uncertainty and smartphones go hand and hand these days. Will it get an update? When will it come out? How much will it cost? Is it coming to Verizon or Sprint? yadda yadda yadda....