Dreamermr13

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this site and a new Droid user. I have an HTC Droid Incredible 2, this is my first "smart phone". Although I am having lots of fun getting familiar with my new phone and enjoying all the extras that my "basic phone" was not capable of, my phone is currently showing it's lack of intelligence. This is the issue I am having....

I have my Droid Incredible 2 synced to my Google Calendar and Google Contacts. When I update my contacts on my computer it instantly updates the contact information on my phone. I have included birthdays on most of my contacts, on my phone some of the birthdays show a date one day later than what appears on my calendar. If I tap edit in the birthday field of my phone the birth date appears correctly but once it is saved the incorrect date appears on the contact. Is there anyway to correct this problem? //side bar// Interestingly enough if I enter the birthday (in my phone) one day before the actual date, it appears as the correct date after it is saved in contacts. For example, my birthday is November 24, in order for it to appear correctly on my profile I have to enter it as November 23rd. This is not the case for all contacts, just a few. Help please!

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. I would enter the date one day early like you discovered until you find out the fix. Good luck. DancingNexus

OP
Dreamermr13

Dreamermr13

Reaction score
I appreciate your response. I actually found another way to get the correct date. I just entered the month and day (leaving off the year) in the birthday field in Google-Contact Manager.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Happy to see you got it figured out :biggrin:

OP
Dreamermr13

Dreamermr13

Reaction score
Thanks :biggrin: I would still like to know why this is happening and how to include the entire birth date, including birth year, and have it appear correctly in my contacts on my phone. So if anyone else has any suggestion, I would appreciate it.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum! Did you by chance try entering it as a 4 digit year?

OP
Dreamermr13

Dreamermr13

Reaction score
Thank you! On the phone there is a scroll down selection process, you have to choose a two digit month, two digit day and two digit year. I did try entering the birth date in other formats online in Google-Contact Manager but it only allows you to enter the information in a four digit year. The only thing that seems to work is to enter the month and day and save without entering the year. It appears correct on my phone contacts when entered this way because only the month and day appear when viewing contacts on my phone however, if you open the contact to edit the year is defaulted at 1970.

Last edited:

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Hey, welcome to droidforums.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad to see you've been getting helped fast.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!