sixty1ragtop

Reaction score
Hello all...New to the forum but not new to the droid. Not a programmer, but not afraid to try out new roms. I know enough to get into trouble.

Currently running MetiCkOne's MIUI Alpha 4.3 installed over CM6.

later
mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
From one Mike to another, welcome! Good to have you with us.

Love the name. What model?

Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cool! Had a 66 Chevy Impala rag top, many years ago.

pcarlson

Reaction score
Just received a Droid 2 Global for Xmas. Previously owned a Blackberry Bold. I like the Droid--great apps.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Glad to have you here. Let us know if you need any help with the conversion.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome I am a former BB storm user myself and I had a smooth switch. Hope you enjoy the android OS. Feel free to ask questions

Sent from my D2

pcarlson

Reaction score
Appreciate your welcome and have a Q

It sounds like hookbill and 252chevyboyz are experts and have some familiarity with Droids.

I have a Q. I would like to know if any decent software has been developed to allow me to sync my droid 2 global with microsoft outlook 2007, which is on my laptop (not via a corp exchange server). My BB bold synced my contacts and calendar beautifully. I have read that droid folks are having problems. I have not tried anything yet, but would prefer to keep my calendar and contacts private (e.g., off of the google cloud system).

Any tips would be appreciated!

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had my D2 for almost 6 months hook would prolly be the expert. I have a little knowledge on this OS but I am not too familiar with outlook tho. You could try thr search tab on the forums and do a google search of droid forums and search the keyword "outlook" and see what kind of threads come up. There are many calander apps in the market and I believe your contacts are backed up through the gmail account and backup assitant. Not sure how you can hide the contacts from the google cloud but calander apps should keep the calander private.

Sent from my D2

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome:

We're glad to have you. :)

If you check the market and do some Google searches I'm sure you'll find something like you want. There are apps available that will do just what you need.

pcarlson

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks to 252chevyboyz and the others who have responded to my query about syncing Microsoft Outlook 2007 to my Droid 2 Global.

Have you heard any pros or cons about these products to sync Microsoft Outlook to your Droid? I am wondering which of these would be the most trouble free and private.

Missing sync
http://www.markspace.com/products/android/missing-sync-android.html

gSyncit
http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/

CompanionLink
http://www.companionlink.com/android/outlook/

VCOrganizer http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/tools/vcorganizer_nyxg.html

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Campanion looks as if it could be accessed by google and gSyncit looks to me as if you have to go through google. Missing Sync looks pretty nice and looks like it has privacy but IMO I think VOC looks like it is organized and has a degree of privacy

Sent from my D2

parin

Reaction score
Hi
parin here
just got my droid X
hope to get gr8 infos from this forum

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
We've noticed some issues with the D1 and syncing with the latest software update, but apparently the X (haven't tested the D2/D2G yet that I'm aware of) connects fine. Let us know if there's a problem, please. :)