New Member w/DroidX (Verizon)

meryllee

Reaction score
I have had my DroidX for about 6 months and happened on this site because once I tethered my phone to my laptop I had this problem:

"I cannot access Gmail or my Yahoo mail. After I hit the link to go to the sign in page it just hangs and then times out.
I have [this problem] only when accessing the email through my tethered Droid X. Gmail goes straight to half the download bar and yahoo just creeps until it times out."

which Brettgee enunciated so well in July 2010.

There is apparently no "fix" for this?

Otherwise....hello!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!!

I don't really know anything about your problem. But I would ask, when you are tethering can you access other websites normally? Do the pages load in a timely manner?

Again, welcome.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What are you using to tether?

pdanet does not do https login after 30days unless paid for.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum - glad you found us!! jump in, get involved, don't hesitate to ask questions, and join in the fun! :)

as for your specific issue, i have not run across this. I'm a rooted D1 user, so that probly has something to do with it. if you can't find the answer in any of the threads in Droid Discussions or the DX section, then i would suggest posting in the DX section - you'll probably get a lot more attention than in the New Member section.

OP
M

meryllee

Reaction score
BayouFlyFisher, yes. All other web pages load normally.

Backnblack, I am using the USB cable that comes with the phone as the AC adapter (which the AC plug end is detachable).

Husker, thank you, I will try that!

Last edited: