New member here

OP
N

numb1zero

Reaction score
4c16af68-dd23-6f48.jpg

Uh oh.. i get this (!) with the android looking concerned when i try to enter recovery mode with power + x.
i also tried entering recovery mode by power + volume down + camera and i got this:
4c16af68-dd9d-afc0.jpg

pardon my poor screen representations i hope they suffice lol

-Zero
via DROID2

Reaction score
I saw the new member thread, and totally didn't realize you guys were mid conversation of something very important when I posted! Heh! Sorry 'bout that!

OP
N

numb1zero

Reaction score
Haha its cool! I'm hoping someone knows something about that esclaimation point in a triangle screen I'm getting when trying to enter recovery mode via x + power. Any input would be appreciated ^_^

-Zero
via DROID2

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is stock recovery.

You can't do anything from there. If you are trying to load a custom ROM you need Koush's Bootstrap.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

OP
N

numb1zero

Reaction score
Oh, pm sent by the way about nissan stuff, but what does that mean? I'm very new to this as you can tell >_<

-Zero
via DROID2

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry I edited. You need to do some reading in the DX section.

OP
N

numb1zero

Reaction score
I will go find the dx section and read about that but doesn't this mean I've done it right?----v
4c16af68-e77d-475d.jpg

I guess not or it would be working lol

-Zero
via DROID2

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No because bootstrap is the workaround for the fact that you can't "really" do custom ROMs on the DX and D2.

Good Luck.

P.S. I meant D2 forum lol

OP
N

numb1zero

Reaction score
Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok do I had it working perfectly running apex until I turned it off last night and tried to turn it back on today. When it booted up I got the error
Sorry!
Process system is not responding.
F/C or Wait.
Either option does seemingly nothing at all. Trying to enter recovery mode just shows me the stock recovery screen .....
Did I lose clockwork somehow? I can't think of anything else to try. Am I sol??:(
please help!

Edit. I was able to reach some kind of recovery menu with blue text and did a cache wipe then data reset and rebooted. As of right now it booted and displayed the M logo for a minute and black screened for a while then popped up with process system is not responding again. No apex boot animation this time. I need help :(

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was a thread I saw recently about this. You can get into clockwork somehow from a power off state, its in the forum somewhere. I'm looking. This is the issue with not using Bootstrap methinks.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would try the methods in that link. The first two work for me.

Edit: but youll have to substitute the x button for the home button in the second method

tappin and a talkin

OP
N

numb1zero

Reaction score
I tried to enter clockwork via all of those methods and none worked. I got one boot earlier to apex but on reboot I'm stuck again. Even if it'll boot again I can never turn my phone off or let the battery die or it's basically bricked! This is terrible surely someone knows why it would be doing this to me. All I keep getting is that process error
ok wow I JUST randomly got it to boot it's saying welcome to droid 2 touch the android to begin. What can I do now that's it's running to avoid having this problem every time it boots? I'm sorry to be so helpless here I reallyappreciate all the help guys