New Member from NJ

GolfGuy54

Reaction score
Hey guys, new member here. I currently have the lg chocolate but will be getting the new droid when it comes out. One of the verizon employees had it and it looked awesome. i figured i would join the forum because i want to learn more about the droid before i get it, especially coming from such a simple phone.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome aboard...lots of great stuff to read here! It will really get you psyched and looking forward to the day you'll be getting your new phone. Which new Droid are you waiting for?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Droid Forums. Let us know if we can help you with anything.

OP
G

GolfGuy54

Reaction score
thanks guys. anyone have any info on the release for the new droid? the guy had it and said probably the end of the month, but i haven't been able to find anything on here or google.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not a Droid. Its an Android OS. Did you see what brand it was?

OP
G

GolfGuy54

Reaction score
oh. he said it was a new droid. just saw it for about 5 seconds. it was silver. sorry no idea on the brand or anything tho. it had a keyboard and touchscreen. thats all i know

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! You found the best source of information about the Droid.

Mike

li2327

Reaction score
Sounds like you're talking about the Motorola Devour. Its already at Best Buy and Walmart for $99.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood, GolfGuy54! Glad to have you with us!

:welcome:

OP
G

GolfGuy54

Reaction score
the verizon employee specifically told me that it was a new droid. he said that it was lighter and a little different. i was going to buy the droid and he said to hold off. he said they had a demo at the store, and said he would look for it. then two min later i saw him pull it out of his pocket.

OP
G

GolfGuy54

Reaction score
yes it was the devour. not sure why he said new droid, but whatever. i just googled the devour and that is what it looked like. so which one should i get now? i liked that the devours keys are spaced and raised for texting, but not sure it has all the things the droid does.

Last edited: