New member without a Droid

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Hey all. Just joined up. Currently an AT&T subscriber who is thinking about jumping ship to Verizon due to continually deteriorating service. Seriously looking at the Moto Droid and the Eris so I joined up to learn more about both devices and the Android OS itself. I'm a long-time forum user so I know how to search before asking. :)

DrDiff

Reaction score
Welcome, I am old tech as well. But a Verizon customer and 10 months past my new every two year date. Waiting for the early bugs to be worked out. I want a MOTO Droid... Eris is a possiblity but my heart says

Hello Moto...:icon_ banana:

Hey all. Just joined up. Currently an AT&T subscriber who is thinking about jumping ship to Verizon due to continually deteriorating service. Seriously looking at the Moto Droid and the Eris so I joined up to learn more about both devices and the Android OS itself. I'm a long-time forum user so I know how to search before asking. :)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you want to learn more about the Android phones - you found the perfect forum! Welcome and hope you are encouraged enough to jump ship and join the satisfied (and enthusiastic) Droid users like myself.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Hope you enjoy your time here. Don't take it too seriously when you see ragging on the IPhone. We kick my old Storm also.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome Garemlin to the forums.

There is a lot to learn about Android but it's fairly easy to get a grasp of. The only thing that gets overwhelming are the endless customization options. What I really enjoy about being on this platform is that I can totally customize the device to MY liking with the huge amounts of apps/widgets avaialble.

I also have the option to download some useless ones just for fun : )

If you decide to come on over to VZW you will not be disappointed at all. The customer service is top notch and more importantly the coverage is excellent/top notch.

Here's to hoping you grab an Android device : )

Enjoy the forums and welcome aboard. I don't have cookies for you but a lot of members do bring them.

AutoDealer

Reaction score
droid or eris

I'm looking at buying a droid this week but could someone please explain the difference between a droid and eris and/or sholes if there is any? Thank you.