New member - Dan , just purchased Driod Charge

Dan.Cathy2

Reaction score
This is my first smart phone, much to learn, lots of potential fun and what a great tool.
Learning how to connect to my computer is my first challenge.
My computer identifies my charge as a Disk drive. I have tried uninstalling drivers and tried again but computer still "thinks" Droid Charge is a DISK drive... Any advice

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Welcome to the board! I recommend you check out the link in my signature.

As for recognizing it as a disk drive, what os are you using?

kparks

Reaction score
This is my first smart phone, much to learn, lots of potential fun and what a great tool.
Learning how to connect to my computer is my first challenge.
My computer identifies my charge as a Disk drive. I have tried uninstalling drivers and tried again but computer still "thinks" Droid Charge is a DISK drive... Any advice

Not sure try ur drop down bar hit hold and pulldown up in ur battery and signal bar after its plugged in should be a option in there..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!!

Congrats on the Charge!

OP
D

Dan.Cathy2

Reaction score
I'm using Windows Vista... you web page look like is has a lot of useful info ... I will have to spend some time there

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm using Windows Vista... you web page look like is has a lot of useful info ... I will have to spend some time there
Hmm, as soon as you plug in your Charge it should automatically search for the proper drivers. I'm not familiar with TouchWiz (your UI) but I'm sure you're still able to pull down the notification bar. Once plugged in you should see a USB symbol, drag the bar down, click the notification, and you should be able to change modes.

Yeah there's alot of info in there and it seems a bit intimidating, but it's not too bad. At least it's all organized:)