Busted Micro USB (sorta)

livetoskateaz

Reaction score
so my kid accidently knocked my phone down from my computer desk while it was charging and damaged my micro usb port on my thunderbolt, I thought it was gonna be a done deal but it wasn't as bad as I first thought, it still charges and all just have to mess with it a little to get it to keep the connection. now I went to hook it up to my computer to put a new rom on my sd card and nothing...computer says that its an unrecognized device and won't even ask me if I want to charge it,mount as disk drive or anything...but it charges when hooked up to the computer...so I thought switching my normal settings from when the computer and phone are connected instead of charge only as my default option I tried disk drive mode. nothing...so I was just wondering what could be causing this problem. I will add that the little plastic piece under the prongs in the phone got ripped out and there is one prong missing...could my Micro USB port need to just be replaced or what...please help and I live in Phoenix, AZ and if anyone on here sees this and knows of a place that fixes this type of problem(broken micro sd) I would greatly appreciate it. thanks ahead of time.

poeskippds

Reaction score
If its under a year since you got it just call verizon and they will send you a new one. If not just use airdroid to transfer files.