New Maxx less than Maxx

drdarell

Reaction score
Just got my new Maxx, upgraded from the original Driod 1 with keyboard. Issues so far:
1). Setting up corporate email was not fun but got it figured out. The problem is I only get 266 of my 2,000 contacts. What's up with that? I'm also looking for a better way to manage my contacts. Exchange/Outlook has always worked good, but if I lose my email (my old DROID did this a lot) then I lose my contacts.

2). I paired my old Moto H555 earpiece almost instantly. I was a little shocked how easy this was. The next morning was paired but not connected. I played and played with it and it finally gave me the screen to enter the pin for the earpiece, I entered it wrong once, it took forever to get that screen back again and I entered the right code. It seemed to take it but never connected. Finally I deleted it and I'm trying to start over, but now it won't see anything at all. I'm about to reset the device.

3). I also had an issue when trying to enter another email account it would just hang up saying retrieving data but I was just waiting for the screen
that gave me the choice of what type of account to enter.

So far I'm not impressed, this phone seems real buggy to me. I hate to reset it and reenter everything, but I guess that's my best shot.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them...

Thanks!

OP
D

drdarell

Reaction score
Bluetooth seems to be my only real issue now and I have a better handle on what's happening. After a long while I got my BT connected to the earpiece again and entered the pairing code of 0000 and everything worked.http://cdn.droidblog.net/forum/images/smilies/smile2/icon_ lala.gif

However, when I power off my earpiece the phone will not pick it up again. I need to go into settings every time and tell it to connect and then enter the pairing code of 0000 again to get it to connect.

Is there anyway I can load this code into the right memory spot some other way?

Thanks!

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Just got my new Maxx, upgraded from the original Driod 1 with keyboard. Issues so far:
1). Setting up corporate email was not fun but got it figured out. The problem is I only get 266 of my 2,000 contacts. What's up with that? I'm also looking for a better way to manage my contacts. Exchange/Outlook has always worked good, but if I lose my email (my old DROID did this a lot) then I lose my contacts.

Thanks!

Sorry I can't really help you with 2 and 3 but I am a little confused with #1 ...
How would you lose your email? Are your contacts connected to a gmail account? Is there a reason you would want to use Exchange/Outlook over Gmail?

Hopefully someone will be able to help with all 3 or more so than me..

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
As far as using exchange email I would highly suggest using Touchdown, yes it is 20 bucks but well worth it IMO. I use it for both of my work accounts and it syncs everything, including contacts to my phone flawlessly. I love that I can switch between push and manual sync with the touch of one button if I am in the office and don't need double notifications.

As the bluetooth issue goes not sure what I have to offer, when I get into my truck it takes awhile sometimes for it to actually connect to the audio. Sometimes I will be mid call and the bluetooth will pick up and switch over, what I normally do is hit the bluetooth button on my truck and that usually triggers it to connect to the phone right off the bat.

OP
D

drdarell

Reaction score
I use Exchange/Outlook for work. Years ago to make things simple I started using Outlook at home as well. Outlook does a great job taking care of my contacts so I'm happy there. My ever-faithful DROID-1 worked famously, but it was short on memory, so every now and then my Exchange (work) email account would just disappear off the phone, taking all my contacts and calendar info with it. That was the main reason I decided to upgrade. I never liked the idea of giving all my contact info to google, I'm in sales so this is my life-blood. I love google, but don't trust them with everything...

#1. Exchange contacts. I signed up for Verizon's contact backup when I was bringing up this phone and I did a backup to my SD card. I'm not sure how this happened, but it backed up all my contacts. Maybe it's to blame for only leaving me with 266??? However, I disabled my contact Sync from exchange and restored them from my SD card and my 2,100 contacts all came back! So I think I'll use this for now and maybe try Touchdown or there was one other that I was reading about yesterday that seemed well liked.

Question on Touchdown: Does it work with the new security in Exchange? I've recently noticed that my employer has contacts locked down so I can no longer export my contact list. While not making me very happy, I think this may preclude Touchdown or similar programs from working, but not sure. Thansk!

#2. BT issue... Went through Verizon and ended up at Motorola... the bottom line is the H555 is not compatible with the Maxx. This is a really old earpiece, but it's really comfortable, I can hear great and people can hear me great... I did try a Samsung earpiece (that's newer) and it works fine, but it's not comfortable. I guess I need to go on the lookout for a good comfortable earpiece.

Thanks for the help!

Mule65

Reaction score
As far as using exchange email I would highly suggest using Touchdown, yes it is 20 bucks but well worth it IMO.

I disagree. You shouldn't have to buy an app for reliable email. Fail.

didymus

Reaction score
I recommend Touchdown if you're using Exchange. It has a lot of great features and is well worth $20. It syncs email, calendar and tasks. Great support from the developer as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums