How to reset razr maxx??

RonsDroid

Reaction score
I just got my Razr Maxx and love it! I moved all my old apps data and pics from my old Fascinate using Back Up Pro and I think I moved over way too much stuff. I want to delete what I moved and start over. I'm trying to reset My Maxx back to day 1 form and can't figure it out. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks, Ron

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I just got my Razr Maxx and love it! I moved all my old apps data and pics from my old Fascinate using Back Up Pro and I think I moved over way too much stuff. I want to delete what I moved and start over. I'm trying to reset My Maxx back to day 1 form and can't figure it out. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks, Ron

Press the Menu button at the bottom, select "Settings", scroll down and select "Privacy", and in the bottom section you'll see "Factory data reset".

OP
R

RonsDroid

Reaction score
Thank you FoxKat.... I knew there was a simple answer, just wasn't getting it...
Thanks again...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cbreze

Reaction score
What's the button press sequence if your maxx is locked up? If it's a total FUBAR in need of a hard reset. Just wondering for possible future reference if needed.

db4

Reaction score
Hold the on button down along with the volume up button...they say that is a hard reset

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Hold the on button down along with the volume up button...they say that is a hard reset

Close: Hold the Power button and the Volume Down buttons at the same time. This simulates a battery pull.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
scottysize;[URL="tel:2002154" said:
2002154[/URL]]Close: Hold the Power button and the Volume Down buttons at the same time. This simulates a battery pull.

And you know you are successful when it vibrates before restarting...LOL

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Close: Hold the Power button and the Volume Down buttons at the same time. This simulates a battery pull.

Scottysize is right. Just a small bit of additional information, you need to hold the buttons for up to 10 seconds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

db4

Reaction score
wonder why they said either one...bummer....I learned something thanks