Very slooooooow Maxx, please help

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
My razr maxx if very slow. Everything lags. I can't even use now or chrome because they just freeze and it takes at least 30 seconds to search something. Every app lags. I even did a factory reset a few times and a data wipe. I was good as new for about a week. My internal storage is full, so I can't open any pics I get from a text. I keep clearing cache, but it doesn't help much.

I was going to copy everything off my external and internal storage to my pc, do a full wipe of everything (internal and external) through recovery and start all over and just move what I need back to my phone. I'm not sure what else to do.

I have a Razr Maxx, I used DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...t912-jellybean-windows-mac-linux-all-one.html) to root my phone.

My questions are:

Will this work to make my phone reliable again?
Will I have to re-root?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
the latest versions are found here Utility Belt
you may want to read into it a bit, im not sure there is a version compatible with the latest update for the 912.
i would also look here Droid Razr Development [XT912] - DroidRzr.com
the updated scripts are usually there but i dont see one.

you will loose root if you flash.

Tuna62

Reaction score
Your lag should have been corrected with a restart but, next time it lags... Try holding the home key until the running apps pop up. Then right swipe on all the ones your not using to shut them down.

I find myself doing this after a couple days of multiple app usages.
Chrome seems to be most effected by this as far as correcting lag. Hope this helps.

OP
Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I am on the latest version (4.1.2) for the Maxx. I was just wondering if wiping everything including the data, internal and external storage would take care of my issues AND if I will lose root.

I am using 3.99 out of the 4gb of my internal storage. Not sure if that affect my phone's performance. I know my titanium back up is taking up a big chunk of that, but I just want to back up and start clean.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I am on the latest version (4.1.2) for the Maxx. I was just wondering if wiping everything including the data, internal and external storage would take care of my issues AND if I will lose root.

im 99% sure you wont loose root if you just wipe (fdr) and do not flash. after the wipe re-install SU, update binaries, and you should be good to go. wiping only deletes user data, root files are in the system partition which isn't touched.

I am using 3.99 out of the 4gb of my internal storage. Not sure if that affect my phone's performance. I know my titanium back up is taking up a big chunk of that, but I just want to back up and start clean.

something seemed wrong so i looked up the specs here Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)
you should have 11gb of user space, not 4gb. i cant explain the difference, something is obviously hoarding a lot of your free space.
i would check it right after the wipe and see what is available.

TheWitness

Reaction score
I was having the same issues, battery life to. So, I killed the blur and went cm10. Best decision too. JB is a hog and I also had too many news apps running in the background.