been on vaca, so, sorry if i'm behind... but i updated adw this morning and have noticed real choppiness in the previews transitions... anybody else? i do love the new backup features, though...
I'm still liking this better than LP, it just feels snappier and I get less FC's with this one vs LP... even with all the latest updates from both devs!
New: Option to keep LauncherPro in memory. When you’re running low on memory, the system usually kills LauncherPro, so next time you open it, it has to reload all widgets and icons which takes a few seconds. This option should keep the system from killing LauncherPro. If you experience any troubles with it, please disable it on the settings.
I think anyone worried about the "keep in Memory" feature should read this. It's very enlightening.
Edit: Oops I guess I should include the link? xda-developers - View Single Post - ADW.Launcher v0.8.5 done by AnderWeb not Andrewtst is out! (Fully support Froyo!) lol
I am still using and loving ADW. It runs slick over froyo, and never stalls or FC's. Launcher pro runs well too, but the options to customize in ADW top pro I think.
*chuckles*I am still using and loving ADW. It runs slick over froyo, and never stalls or FC's. Launcher pro runs well too, but the options to customize in ADW top pro I think.
i agree, but don't post that in the LP thread, you flamer!
Yet I swear there is something beneficial to having the launcher reside in /system/app, mostly having to do with lag when launching dialer or handcent. When I used to have launchers in /data I would get annoying 2 second lags when trying to open the aforementioned apps, when the recent 5.0.8 CM test builds came out with ADW default in /system, that problem went away. I've recently been using Launcher Pro and moved it to /system/app. No lag there either.
Yet I swear there is something beneficial to having the launcher reside in /system/app, mostly having to do with lag when launching dialer or handcent. When I used to have launchers in /data I would get annoying 2 second lags when trying to open the aforementioned apps, when the recent 5.0.8 CM test builds came out with ADW default in /system, that problem went away. I've recently been using Launcher Pro and moved it to /system/app. No lag there either.
I dunno lol just reposting what the dev posted on his twitter accout lol