New Kit Kat Android 4.4 Rom For The Verizon Galaxy Nexus!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images
images

If you ever needed a reason to root and mod your phone this is it! Google has recently announced that they would not include the Galaxy Nexus in the Kit Kat update. The reason stated was simply that the phone falls outside the 18 month life cycle. This rubbed many Galaxy Nexus useres the wrong way, but at the same time you can't really blame Google for moving forward. With the development community we don't really need official support. Developer "baldwinguy77" has released his new 4.4 build for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus! Shiny rom is an OTA like rom. It is mostly stock AOSP with few mods. This includes both update Verizon and google apps just like what you would find with the udpate. The rom is so similar to stock that it doesn't even come rooted out of the box. Being able to run the latest and greatest versions of Android is one reason I always root and mod.

Via Phandroid

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Okay, this has really piqued my interest. After looking at the specs for 4.4, I'd really love to load this onto my Galaxy Nexus eventually. I see there's still a lot of bugs being worked out but once those get ironed out I really want to give that a try.

BUT...I have never loaded a custom ROM onto a device before so I'm gonna ask the noob questions about how it's done, what would I need to do beforehand, can I get it back to factory, etc.

Is there a complete, hand-holding, baby-step guide to doing this process? What kind of things would I need to get familiar with?

GotnFX

Reaction score
BUT...I have never loaded a custom ROM onto a device before so I'm gonna ask the noob questions about how it's done, what would I need to do beforehand, can I get it back to factory, etc.

Is there a complete, hand-holding, baby-step guide to doing this process? What kind of things would I need to get familiar with?

For all new to root and/or trying to load any custom ROMs to their device, I always suggest to look it up on YouTube. Great step by step and explanations and you can watch and learn the while experience. :)

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Okay, this has really piqued my interest. After looking at the specs for 4.4, I'd really love to load this onto my Galaxy Nexus eventually. I see there's still a lot of bugs being worked out but once those get ironed out I really want to give that a try.

Look up Wugs Toolkit. Unless you feel more confident with using adb & the command prompt, Wugfresh makes it pretty simple. And you can return to stock with the toolkit

Tapped from a Nexus

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
For all new to root and/or trying to load any custom ROMs to their device, I always suggest to look it up on YouTube. Great step by step and explanations and you can watch and learn the while experience. :)

Look up Wugs Toolkit. Unless you feel more confident with using adb & the command prompt, Wugfresh makes it pretty simple. And you can return to stock with the toolkit

Thanks to both! I'm gonna bookmark this thread.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, the GNex is not getting love from Verizon or Google. Oh well, God Bless the development community.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Wow, the GNex is not getting love from Verizon or Google. Oh well, God Bless the development community.

Sorry to say this, you are expecting support on a product that is End of life already??