New Incredible Owner with a Notification question...PLEASE HELP :-)

izzy35

Reaction score
New Incredible owner here and I really want to LOVE this phone so I would like to iron out all of the kinks...

1) NOTIFICATION: If i get a notification for an email, it rings and vibrates, as its supposed to, however, if I get additional emails prior to checking the initial one, no audible or vibrating notification comes through. Is this supposed to be???

2) POP/IMAP EMAIL: is there a way to change it's particular notification "tone" or am i forced to keep the default?? I can change the gmail one's but don't see a personalization section for the other mails.

3) VIBRATE: is there a way to increase the strength or change the pattern? Also, if my phone is set to vibrate, by using the volume button, shouldn't it vibrate regardless of the individual settings in each application, i.e. messages, emails, etc.

Thanks so much for any help!!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
1) NOTIFICATION: If i get a notification for an email, it rings and vibrates, as its supposed to, however, if I get additional emails prior to checking the initial one, no audible or vibrating notification comes through. Is this supposed to be???

2) POP/IMAP EMAIL: is there a way to change it's particular notification "tone" or am i forced to keep the default?? I can change the gmail one's but don't see a personalization section for the other mails.

3) VIBRATE: is there a way to increase the strength or change the pattern? Also, if my phone is set to vibrate, by using the volume button, shouldn't it vibrate regardless of the individual settings in each application, i.e. messages, emails, etc.

I dont have an Incredible, I've just used my co-workers' extensively:

1) I dont think so. I dont know if I've ever experienced this. You might want to try another e-mail app, like K-9, or one of the many reminder apps.

2) Yes, not sure how to do it in the Incredible, but you should be able to have a custom notification for each e-mail account. It's likely under the account settings.

3) There are a few aftermarket apps that will let you change the pattern. Strength is not something you have any control over, as far as I know. I've never physically seen one that wasnt strong enough, but I guess it's possible.... I personally have my phone set to vibrate under all profiles, except for silent.

OP
I

izzy35

Reaction score
1) I dont think so. I dont know if I've ever experienced this. You might want to try another e-mail app, like K-9, or one of the many reminder apps.

2) Yes, not sure how to do it in the Incredible, but you should be able to have a custom notification for each e-mail account. It's likely under the account settings.

3) There are a few aftermarket apps that will let you change the pattern. Strength is not something you have any control over, as far as I know. I've never physically seen one that wasnt strong enough, but I guess it's possible.... I personally have my phone set to vibrate under all profiles, except for silent.

1) It's weird bc the emails actually come through to the phone but I don't get an additional notification if i have not yet checked the first one. On my blackberry and previous phones, I would get a notification for EVERY email that came through regardless if i checked it or not.

2) Is this true for the yahoo email that I set up also? I can change the notification settings for every gmail that is set up, i have 2, but not for the yahoo pop/imap that i set up.

3) The default is vibrate and ring, so I disabled vibrate when i have it set to ring, but then when I put it to "vibrate," it doesnt. thought maybe there was a workaround.