New Inc user

Iowa

Reaction score
Hi all dancedroid

I got my inc the other day after a lot of discussion with my wife and a lot of research...I love this thing....only problem I am having is the battery life is SOOOOO bad. I am coming from a :blackberry: so I am used to an insane battery life, but right now the inc lasts about 2 hours with heavy use and thats it....is that normal?

Thanks dancedroid

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree that does not seem normal. If you have a task killer remove it. If you continue to have problems go back to VZW and tell explain the issue. The should replace your battery.

OP
I

Iowa

Reaction score
I agree that does not seem normal. If you have a task killer remove it. If you continue to have problems go back to VZW and tell explain the issue. The should replace your battery.

The VZW wireless guy put task killer on my phone....remove it huh?

I am going to wait out the weekend and see what happens :)! I will remove the task killer and I have already turned the keyboard vibrate off...and turned the screen brightness down and I have put the backlight to 30 seconds...wifi is off as is bluetooth....Ill try the task killer thing right now!

Steve182

Reaction score
My understanding was that Task Killer was supposed to help battery life by killing the Apps running in the background sucking down your battery.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1!
http://m.lifehacker.com/5650894/and...ed-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them

My understanding was that Task Killer was supposed to help battery life by killing the Apps running in the background sucking down your battery.

The Android OS does an excellent job. On the other hand Task Killers seem to create more problems than they solve. Here is a link that may help:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

DroidForums junkie!!

babyphat32

Reaction score
A tip for better battery life is to turn off anmiations..gps when ur not using it...also to set the dimmer on auto..the battery life is a know issue and store will not replace your battery...but will check settings in your phone..and check the screen timer settings...if u do this you will notice a difference in the battery life

Almagest

Reaction score
If your doing heavy usage with the stock battery nothing you do is going to help to keep it from dieing. Surfing the web, streaming videos, using emulators, its all going to drain the crap out of your phone. Lowering the brightness would help a bit though. You should buy a bigger battery or keep a charger around. But two hours of non stop usage sounds about right for the battery life. And I use a task killer, it works well from what I can see. I dislike exiting out of my music and I go to the task killer and its still running. Or when I hit the kill all button and it says twenty apps were killed. Just to many apps and bloat running at once.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
http://m.lifehacker.com/5650894/and...ed-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them

Even with non stop use, your battery should last 4-5 hours regardless. Task killers are both not needed and resource hogs. In other words, don't use them!

If your doing heavy usage with the stock battery nothing you do is going to help to keep it from dieing. Surfing the web, streaming videos, using emulators, its all going to drain the crap out of your phone. Lowering the brightness would help a bit though. You should buy a bigger battery or keep a charger around. But two hours of non stop usage sounds about right for the battery life. And I use a task killer, it works well from what I can see. I dislike exiting out of my music and I go to the task killer and its still running. Or when I hit the kill all button and it says twenty apps were killed. Just to many apps and bloat running at once.

DroidForums junkie!!

Almagest

Reaction score

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looks, to me, that explanation is for Android, not just Droid.

Even with non stop use, your battery should last 4-5 hours regardless. Task killers are both not needed and resource hogs. In other words, don't use them!

DroidForums junkie!!

Do you have a dinc? The stock battery is crap. If your on your phone going heavy then your lucky to get 3 hours out of it. Very lucky.

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Android. You know, the OS our phones run on...?

DroidForums junkie!!

Almagest

Reaction score
O are you talking about the task killer? I was just saying that if he wanted to use his phone for long periods of time he should upgrade his battery. The incredibles battery just isn't that...incredible.

tyler.norton360

Reaction score
I got my Dinc in July and I had the same problems. I ended up turning as much stuff off as I can, and my battery works great now. I am on and off my phone all day and I dont have to charge for a good 7 or 8 hours.