New in the Hood & Looking for Droid Help

EddieDex

Reaction score
Hi! I am a Droid enthusiast, after being an avid Blackberry man for years. I've been the owner of a Motorola Droid 2 Global for almost 2 years. When it's upgrade time, I'm torn between the Samsung Droid Charge, the Droid 3, or the Casio G'Zone Commando (I'm very active and need a tough phone). I'm also a bit of a goofball :)icon_ banana:dancedroid), love anime & manga, weightlifting, football and news programming. I hate "reality tv" of any sort and I hate what's going on with my beloved Droid. My daughter or niece locked the Droid so I had to do a system reset. Not a problem. Now, however, I cannot get the device to recognize my Google user name and password--even though I have the information correct!

I've done the two step verification several times. I've even reset the password several times. I can log into Google just fine on a PC or Macbook, but on my Droid it does not recognize my username or password! I eventually had to create another gmail account, but I want my original to work on my phone since I don't want to pay again for apps that are attached to the original gmail account.

Please help! For a phone created by Google OS, it should not be this difficult.

Thanks!
EddieDex

OP
E

EddieDex

Reaction score
To get beyond my orignial intro and cut to the chase, I was locked out of my Moto Droid 2 Global, and after doing a Master Reset, I cannot get the device to recognize my Google user name and password--even though I have the information correct!

I've done the two step verification several times. I've even reset the password several times. I can log into Google just fine on a PC or Macbook, but on my Droid it does not recognize my username or password! I eventually had to create another gmail account, but I want my original to work on my phone since I don't want to pay again for apps that are attached to the original gmail account.

Please help! For a phone created by Google OS, it should not be this difficult.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, CJM gotcha covered and i agree. Try to use the steps he sent u, hope ur issue gets resolved

OP
E

EddieDex

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum.

I've had this problem too. I went to https://www.google.com/accounts/SmsAuthConfig and turned off the 2-step verification. If that link dont work, this is the link I used to get there Turning off 2-step verification - Accounts Help.

Welcome to the forum, CJM gotcha covered and i agree. Try to use the steps he sent u, hope ur issue gets resolved

You...have...NO IDEA how stressful these past two days have been, with me trying to get this resolved! With a point and click you all have empowered me with a resolution that was simple and painless!dancedroid

It would be nice if Google provided a helpful Tech Tree so a customer could go through the maze of their offerings without going in circles the way I have! Nevertheless, you have resolved my concerns, I feel more one with my phone knowing a new tech tool, and I'll mention these forums to all of my friends! Thank you ever so much! :)

EddieDex

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum.

I've had this problem too. I went to https://www.google.com/accounts/SmsAuthConfig and turned off the 2-step verification. If that link dont work, this is the link I used to get there Turning off 2-step verification - Accounts Help.

You...have...NO IDEA how stressful these past two days have been, with me trying to get this resolved! With a point and click you all have empowered me with a resolution that was simple and painless!dancedroid

It would be nice if Google provided a helpful Tech Tree so a customer could go through the maze of their offerings without going in circles the way I have! Nevertheless, you have resolved my concerns, I feel more one with my phone knowing a new tech tool, and I'll mention these forums to all of my friends! Thank you ever so much! :)

EddieDex

That's awesome, glad u fixed the issues. CJM is one of the best...