Help!!!!

MrsRaetzel09

Reaction score
I bought a Motorola Droid about a month ago and have tried just about everything I can think of and have googled this issue many many times only to find nothing that works. If somone could help it would be greatly appreciated. This droid will not do a factory reset, it just comes back on exactly like it was before the factory reset. Holding the power and X button doesn't work either. I've tried clearing all the data on the gmail and that hasn't worked. The problem is that I can't get the persons email off this phone that I bought it from. And I've tried to just delete the email account but it says that it is linked to apps and I would have to do a factory reset. I can't get on the android market either because it wants me to log on as him and of course I don't know his password. My cousin thinks that this phone is rooted but I can't find anything to reset it back to stock. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Easiest solution is to SBF the phone back to stock. It will automatically update (eventually) to the latest version if you want stock. If you want root we can root FRG22D with a single-click app or we can root FRG83D.

Do you have a PC or are you on a Mac?

OP
M

MrsRaetzel09

Reaction score
I just want the phone back to stock. I don't really care about being rooted or anything. I just really wanna be able to use the android market and download apps. I'm on a PC.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay. You'll need to use a program called RSD Lite to flash the stock 22D image onto the phone. It will wipe EVERYTHING out. Anything you have on there that's personal you'll want to back up.

This thread will tell you what and how and why. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/73579-using-rsd-lite-flash-sbf-file-correctly.html Once you're familiar with the OP (opening post/original post) in that thread I'll talk you through the rest that you might need. :)

Good luck!

OP
M

MrsRaetzel09

Reaction score
I downloaded a program called RSD Lite and couldn't really figure out what to do from there. Thanks for all your help so far btw!!!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
That's why I have the green tights, ma'am. :)

It's not because they look snazzy on me or compliment the junk. They don't.

Anyway, what version of RSD Lite do you have? If it's earlier than 4.6 you'll need an update. I can provide. When you're ready to go (and that thread will talk you through EVERYTHING you need to get going with it) I'll give you the SBF link to try. :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No better hands than FBM's for you to be in..he'll get you straight! :)

I downloaded a program called RSD Lite and couldn't really figure out what to do from there. Thanks for all your help so far btw!!!

DroidForums junkie!!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
This should be the official 'icon' of the help/rescue section
help.gif

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Just that it's better than Vista. :D

Okay, power the phone down, press and hold up on the D-pad and don't let go, then power the phone back up to get into the bootloader. Now hook the phone to the PC and fire up RSD Lite. Tell me if it sees the phone.