droid razr m - no wifi connection

droidrazrm

Reaction score
i'm looking for help with my phone - my droid razr m will not connect to wifi. When i try to switch it on, it holds on for 1-2 seconds and then toggles back to off. I've read all kinds of sites saying i need to do a factory reset, but that it won't really work for good. Anyone have other suggestions? It doesn't matter what wifi signal i try to connect to - it won't work at a coffee shop, my house or my office. My phone doesn't recognize any wifi, and automatically shuts off wifi as soon as it's turned out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Might want to post in one of the help forums for responses. DancingNexus

OP
D

droidrazrm

Reaction score
i'm looking for help with my phone - my droid razr m will not connect to wifi. When i try to switch it on, it holds on for 1-2 seconds and then toggles back to off. I've read all kinds of sites saying i need to do a factory reset, but that it won't really work for good. Anyone have other suggestions? It doesn't matter what wifi signal i try to connect to - it won't work at a coffee shop, my house or my office. My phone doesn't recognize any wifi, and automatically shuts off wifi as soon as it's turned out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome to the forum!

Have toggled wifi on & off? Have you added the network you want to connect to manually? If you have networks listed, clear them out and reboot...

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Are you using auto-configuration for your IP, IE: Automatic IP?
Did you manually enter your router's password and SSID on your phone to configure it to connect to your router?
What about the security type your router uses?
You should not need to use a proxy setting to use your WiFi, the device should automatically attempt to connect, but you might need to enter your password and encryption type, such as AES, WPA-2 PSK and so on.
Once you do connect, you can return to the settings menu and change the sleep time for your device while using WiFi, which controls how long your service remains connected.