New ICS Leak for Bionic

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
They are both known to be the same MD5 hash. Maybe the difference that causes the issue is a manual install vs doing it ota. The phone somehow knows what you did, maybe. I have not found an explanation to why or if.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

That's what I thought. I have the leaked 905 update on my SD card but when I got the replacement bionic I did an OTA update (which all it does is reboot into recovery and flashes it just like you'd do manually so. But I just had a thought) and updated from that. Hey, stupid thought time....do you think when they do it OTA they're wiping the cache?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
No. LPP was giving me problems so I switched to ADW and am just now trying out this Apex launcher. I think Apex is pretty darn slick and is ICS aware.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
I can't remember now as it's been a while since I switched, but yea, this was a while back. I also use my launcher on the Xoom and it's had ICS since January. I wish I knew about Apex before now as it's pretty sweet, but, ICS only. :)

Hmm, I have yet to run into any issues with LPP (which is why I'm worried this update might ruin it), still runs as smooth as day one. Guess I will have to wait and give it a go when I get to ICS. Currently running OTA .905, bone stock.

bamafan39

That's what I thought. I have the leaked 905 update on my SD card but when I got the replacement bionic I did an OTA update (which all it does is reboot into recovery and flashes it just like you'd do manually so. But I just had a thought) and updated from that. Hey, stupid thought time....do you think when they do it OTA they're wiping the cache?
yes its wiping everything

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Hmm, I have yet to run into any issues with LPP (which is why I'm worried this update might ruin it), still runs as smooth as day one. Guess I will have to wait and give it a go when I get to ICS. Currently running OTA .905, bone stock.

If it works for you and you like it, stick with it. No reason to change unless you run into problems. I used LPP for a long time but when I got the bionic something broke for me. I wish I could remember what it was but it was a long time ago. Switching to ADW worked and it still works in ICS. However, there was no easy way to get widgets on the home screen in ADW so I switched just now to Apex and am really loving it.

yes its wiping everything

That's very possibly the answer then...

jwilly216

genius

If anyone can help me, you're a genius. I'm trying so hard to get ICS. I need to fxz back to 902 but I cannot get RSDLite to recognize my phone while in fastboot mode. It recognizes my phone when my phone is booted up but as soon as RSDLite tries to access it in fastboot mode or I manually put it in fastboot mode, I cannot get RSDLite to show my device. It pops up on my laptop as a USB connection... You guys got it so easy and I've been trying so hard since yesterday to get this ICS loaded on my Bionic! AAHHH!!!!:blink:
I've tried different cables, different laptops, different versions of RSDLite.... I'm ready to pull my hair out.

Question: for those of us rooted, using safestrap and running custom roms on the safe side, would I simply need to flip over to unsafe side when the ics ota starts? Or will I have to do some hokus pokus to get the update when the time comes?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
If anyone can help me, you're a genius. I'm trying so hard to get ICS. I need to fxz back to 902 but I cannot get RSDLite to recognize my phone while in fastboot mode. It recognizes my phone when my phone is booted up but as soon as RSDLite tries to access it in fastboot mode or I manually put it in fastboot mode, I cannot get RSDLite to show my device. It pops up on my laptop as a USB connection... You guys got it so easy and I've been trying so hard since yesterday to get this ICS loaded on my Bionic! AAHHH!!!!:blink:
I've tried different cables, different laptops, different versions of RSDLite.... I'm ready to pull my hair out.

Update your drivers to the very latest.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

wseyller

I would try to setup a desktop pc for this or at least a different computer/laptop. It may not be your phone but your laptop that is causing an issue. Ive seen similiar issues with a samsung fascinate that didnt like connecting to Odin software while flashing. Some usb ports on laptops would cause the issue.

Try before hooking up the cable to get rsdlite up and ready then get your phone in fastboot mode then connect the cable. If it doesnt work then you have a driver issue or one of your usb ports is not playing nice or your phone has a hardware defect. Desktop usb ports are more reliable.

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Question: for those of us rooted, using safestrap and running custom roms on the safe side, would I simply need to flip over to unsafe side when the ics ota starts? Or will I have to do some hokus pokus to get the update when the time comes?

Hahaha. The ics update won't install with safe strap installed at all. You have to be completely stock. Rooted is fine but forever root must be removed. Hocus pocus indeed! :)

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
I would try to setup a desktop pc for this or at least a different computer/laptop. It may not be your phone but your laptop that is causing an issue. Ive seen similiar issues with a samsung fascinate that didnt like connecting to Odin software while flashing. Some usb ports on laptops would cause the issue.

Yea also good advice. And make sure to use the cable that came with your phone.

welsalex

SamuriHL said:
Hahaha. The ics update won't install with safe strap installed at all. You have to be completely stock. Rooted is fine but forever root must be removed. Hocus pocus indeed! :)

What is the method to remove forever root??? I may or maynot be forever rooted. Anyway to know if I am? How ti remove? I've yet to see this info would be good for others.