New HTC One Max Images Seem to Confirm Fingerprint Scanner on Back

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-one-max-back-fingerprint-scanner.jpg

A couple of weeks ago we shared some supposedly leaked pics indicating the HTC One Max would be coming with a fingerprint scanner. At the time we weren't sure if they were real or not, so we reported it as rumor. Today we have some new pics which seem to confirm the aforementioned fingerprint scanner on the new flagship phablet from HTC. Of course, these pics could be faked as well, but they seem pretty solid. We would still caution that this is a rumor for now, but it does qualify as secondary corroboration. Here's a few more of the previously rumored specs for the device:

• 5.9-inch full HD display
  • Quad-core 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 processor
  • 2GB of RAM
  • UltraPixel camera
  • 3,300 mAh battery
  • Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie
htc-one-max-back-fingerprint-scanner-2.jpg

What do you guys think? Besides the other obvious high-end specs, will the fingerprint scanner on the back be a feature worth going out of your way for?

Source: BGR

jspradling7

Reaction score
If they hurry they can challenge the Note 3. But if they're 6 months late and the Note 3 has KLP by then... day late and a dollar short again.

squeak

Reaction score
No other phablet will challenge the Note3. Only in someones never never land of OZ.

While as far as sales are concerned you're probably very correct, for me personally this could be a very serious contender for my next phone, putting it in direct competition with the Note 3. And I personally don't care who sells more, just that I get the best device for my needs and wants. I want a huge screen, and rumors have the Max at 5.9 and the Note 3 at 5.7

shockracer

Reaction score
I hope to hell they don't get my hopes up and not bring it to VZW. This is at the top of my list for my next phone!