New here and man, I need help.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You bought it new but unlocked right?

Not from at&t? But it can use their network?

Glad I don't deal with unlocked phones. Sorry dude.

Sent from my rooted A855.

OP
KremdelMadison
Reaction score
Glad i dont deal with rooted phones! Lol kidding, I guess I should have watched what I said. It's a European Milestone. Stock phone so different frequencies, the only ones that are close enough will get me 2G. The seller finally responded and they said call them tomorrow and they can make it work so I have my fingers crossed. I thought droidforums.net was my boi, but the android forums been more help. Traitors lol.

OP
KremdelMadison
Reaction score
Looks like I'm probably stuck with it. Anyone else with any more ideas?

OP
KremdelMadison
Reaction score
I guess I'll chalk it up to a defect. I'm stuck with it either way. It's like I'm talking to myself.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Sorry to hear your stuck. Dont feel bad about not getting any replys, usually people dont post if they feel they cant help. My phone wouldnt turn on once so I posted a question. Nobody responded. I dont think your being ignored. Dont get the wrong impression.

speedfreeq

Reaction score
If you're stuck with it anyway, why not root it and try a new baseband file? You may already have researched it, but to a neophyte like myself, it doesn't seem as if Motorola could afford to make too many different hardware specs; you may just need the firmware that tells the "radio" what to look for.

- from my 1GHz MIUI machine.

OP
KremdelMadison
Reaction score
CJM - yeah, I understand. I mostly say dumb things like that to bump it up lol.

Speedfreeq - I think that was mentioned earlier in this thread to root the phone and I asked if that could possibly solve it. Could be the other forum but if there is a chance I am more than down for it. I've been contemplating on it anyways. I understand the rooting but would it be simple to find a baseband file for my needs?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
We don't get many Milestones here, and almost all of them are in India or Altell (read, rebranded Motorola Droid) Milestones.

Are you sure your APN should read "cingular" for the data access?

OP
KremdelMadison
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure about anything at this point lol. I called the people who sell these phones and they claim that's what works.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you want my opinion, and you probably do, I'd go hit up howard forums and XDA developers and see if you can find anything on reprogramming the APN for ATT. It's possible your area doesn't have a Cingular access.