Solved Unlocked S5 Verizon

OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Well the guy at Cricket Retail has the same S5 unlocked it work great mine is working now I changed a setting I mistyped. It works fast on data. So u never know, I guess. When I bought it from the seller he promised it would work.

OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
This has been a known issue for years, but if it's working now good luck.

S5 tap'n
I'll keep you guys posted

Reactions: cr6
OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Cr6 I read what u are talking about Verizon has the GSM lock but it unlocked S5 they still have control over it.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Sounds like your issue is resolved..

OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Yes Jeff thanks

OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I understand that but it's still a Verizon model so you're going to continue having this spotty coverage regardless of whether it's working now or not.

S5 tap'n
You was right, I was very wrong. I bought a unlock AT&T S5 works perfect now. I understand now it being a Verizon S5 it CDMA not GSM. It works but not correctly I apologize:(

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
No need to apologize bud! I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, I know how frustrating that can be to have a new device not work out as planned.
I only knew because I've run across this very issue numerous times over the years.
The good news is, the S5 is still a very capable device and it's Samsungs last Galaxy S device with a removable battery, external SD card and great battery life so you should be able to sell it fairly quickly. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

S5 tap'n

OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
No need to apologize bud! I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, I know how frustrating that can be to have a new device not work out as planned.
I only knew because I've run across this very issue numerous times over the years.
The good news is, the S5 is still a very capable device and it's Samsungs last Galaxy S device with a removable battery, external SD card ave great battery life so you should be able to sell it fairly quickly. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

S5 tap'n
Do you know how to update to Marshmallow it has 5.0 version. It not in system update can I do this manually somehow

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Are you using your new AT&T model S5 on AT&Ts network, or are you still using Cricket? If Cricket you likely won't get MM for quite some time as they are usually the last carriers to receive major OS updates.
From what I've read the ATT model S5 hasn't received MM yet, but I could be wrong. Hopefully someone can confirm. If it is out, it was just recently released. If that is the case it may just not have started pushing out in your area yet.

S5 tap'n

OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Are you using your new AT&T model S5 on AT&Ts network, or are you still using Cricket? If Cricket you likely won't get MM for quite some time as they are usually the last carriers to receive major OS updates.
From what I've read the ATT model S5 hasn't received MM yet, but I could be wrong. Hopefully someone can confirm. If it is out, it was just recently released. If that is the case it may just not have started pushing out in your area yet.

S5 tap'n
Yes I'm using my new S5 unlocked AT&T with Cricket

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Unless you're on ATT you won't see the update for quite some time since OS updates have to go through the individual carriers first. That's why OS updates fire T mobile, Sprint, Verizon & ATT are never released at the same time. And since you're using an ATT model on Cricket, it's going to take even longer since they are usually the last in line behind the big 4 carriers.
The only way around this would be to use an ATT SIM card, take the update, then put your SIM back in the device. Otherwise, all you can really do at this point is wait.
But hey, at least you're device is working now, so that's good!

S5 tap'n

OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Unless you're on ATT you won't see the update for quite some time since OS updates have to go through the individual carriers first. That's why OS updates fire T mobile, Sprint, Verizon & ATT are never released at the same time. And since you're using an ATT model on Cricket, it's going to take even longer since they are usually the last in line behind the big 4 carriers.
The only way around this would be to use an ATT SIM card, take the update, then put your SIM back in the device. Otherwise, all you can really do at this point is wait.
But hey, at least you're device is working now, so that's good!

S5 tap'n
Thank you so much I will try that Sim card. Yeah it works perfect now I love it.:)