New Google Maps version?

androzza

Reaction score
Anybody tried the latest Google Maps 5.2.0 to see if it's more stable than 5.1.0 (which was a total disaster)?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's not a device specific question, you're better off asking that here. And remember to check to see if anyone else is already discussing this updated app.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
The majority of market comments are positive, but I've had problems with automatic alternative navigation routes.

For example, at 5 pm I tried a trip from NJ/NY via the Lincoln tunnel and it said the rte 495 viaduct was closed and the tunnel was unavailable due to roadwork, but that's not supposed to start until midnight.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anybody tried the latest Google Maps 5.2.0 to see if it's more stable than 5.1.0 (which was a total disaster)?
It was? I've been running it fine since it was released. Be careful assuming trends based on a single data point.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It was? I've been running it fine since it was released. Be careful assuming trends based on a single data point.

A lot of Droid Pro users have had significant issues with 5.1.0. That's probably why the OP posted it in the Droid Pro forum originally since it seems to have been more of a Droid Pro specific problem.

I didn't have as many issues with 5.1.0 as a lot of people did, but I did have some. I haven't had any of the issues with 5.2.0.

tennvol

Reaction score
Previous version of maps was a cluster on my pro. Force closed, locked up, and just stopped navigating. Not good when you and your family are looking for a place to eat when its snowing and your 13 month old is screaming.

Uninstalled the update and my phone was fine again. Will wait for comments to filter in on this update before installing.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App