New Google Maps update enables multitouch!

vitomins

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can run this on the Bugless Beast ROM?? I don't want to update any of the custom apps on this ROM unless it has been tested...

The latest BB 7.4 has it in the ROM. I just upgraded from 7.2 to 7.4 and tested out the map. It does indeed have multi-touch. ROCKS

I know that it does, but I am getting the update alert in my market and I didn't want to update the Maps if it would be a problem in the BB ROM...

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
FYI. Seems very smooth. Anyone know what else the update offers?

Favorites, integration with maps site, night mode in nav.

for other goodies, check menu, more, labs, much added.

AND, since it is the default US version, no unnamed roads issue.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can run this on the Bugless Beast ROM?? I don't want to update any of the custom apps on this ROM unless it has been tested...

This is not a custom app, it is the default, now updated on the market. No reason it should not run.

vitomins

Reaction score

This is not a custom app, it is the default, now updated on the market. No reason it should not run.

I thought this was the BB ROM came with the Milestone Google Maps? How could it be the default app if I had pinch to zoom on it before this update??

gbregaglio

Reaction score

how do you switch to night navi please?

I would assume that it switches automatically to night navigation based on what time it is.

armeddroid

Reaction score

Samckaz

Reaction score

Official Google Mobile Blog
Lastly, be sure to check out the newly added "night mode" in Navigation, which
will automatically turn on for easier Navigation viewing at night. ...
Google Mobile Blog
there is your answer

jasonb

Reaction score
so do us people running BB7.4 update from the market or just leave it alone? i don't want to crash anything or cause any conflicts. whats the verdict?

unknowndroid

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with My Maps? I just upgraded from the Market and now when I try to bring up the My Maps layer, I get a message that My Maps failed to load. I know it was working fine yesterday as I used it. Anyone else having this issue? I have a bunch of places stored in My Maps and will be a Sad Panda if I can't get to them :)

armeddroid

Reaction score

Official Google Mobile Blog
Lastly, be sure to check out the newly added "night mode" in Navigation, which
will automatically turn on for easier Navigation viewing at night. ...
Google Mobile Blog
there is your answer

lol
spazibo.

rlb

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with My Maps? I just upgraded from the Market and now when I try to bring up the My Maps layer, I get a message that My Maps failed to load. I know it was working fine yesterday as I used it. Anyone else having this issue? I have a bunch of places stored in My Maps and will be a Sad Panda if I can't get to them :)

That problem started for me earlier in the week. Only real solution is to do a factory reset (search around a bit...It's a known issue that happens. There is no solution). I did a reset last night and my maps came back. I was scared the problem would happen just now when I did the 3.4 upgrade. That was the first thing I checked...My maps still works :icon_cool:

Purgatory

Reaction score
Not really smooth. wish it was a little easier to zoom into the exact level you wanted to, not the predefined levels they wish you to zoom into. Maybe I want to zoom into a level in-between where they have set up. I have to admit this was better on the iphone unfortunately