New Google Maps update enables multitouch!

justbob

Reaction score
Night mode and Pinch-Zoom coming soon?

All, I have been following issue 4787 at code.google.com called "Navigation - night mode" and it looks like the Nexus One users just got an OTA. I'm hoping that this may be included when we finally get 2.1 Here's the quote from the Update:

Comment #39 on issue 4787 by drathos: Navigation - night mode
Issue 4787 - android - Navigation - night mode - Project Hosting on Google Code

The Nexus One got an OTA update that added night mode to nav, pinch-zoom in browser, maps, and gallery, and a couple of other things. No word on when it will come to us Droid users.

Edit: Another update just came in:

Yes us Nexus One owners got an OTA update this week (I got mine last night) that
included a night mode for navigation. It's nice to see that Google is listening to us
and making Android that much better.

OP
justbob

justbob

Reaction score
How's that? This is talking about an OTA for Android 2.1, not a hacked version installed on 2.0.1. Read the entire post before responding.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your subject line is not about OTA 2.1, but:

"Night mode and Pinch-Zoom coming soon? "

That's why.

We do read. And the maps/nav in that N1 ota is already available as an installable APK (no root needed)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looked at link, basically confirms what I said, its not the US version, which is why we get the unnamed roads here....

nice link though, saves for future use.

apastuszak

Reaction score
I just installed an update to Google Maps on my Droid, and now I can pinch and zoom!

Lars1

Reaction score
Google Maps 3.4 update has MT!!!!

FYI. Seems very smooth. Anyone know what else the update offers?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Let's keep it in one place :)

vitomins

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can run this on the Bugless Beast ROM?? I don't want to update any of the custom apps on this ROM unless it has been tested...

loop4zil

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can run this on the Bugless Beast ROM?? I don't want to update any of the custom apps on this ROM unless it has been tested...

The latest BB 7.4 has it in the ROM. I just upgraded from 7.2 to 7.4 and tested out the map. It does indeed have multi-touch. ROCKS